Parent reviews for ICanHasCheezburger

Silly photos spawn offbeat, welcoming community.

Adult Written byNesterPester March 8, 2012

Should be fine for kids

An excellent, entertaining website with a massive pack of hilarious and adorable photos, but fair warning, some contain crude language and sometimes sexualized content. Some things may not be too appropriate for younger children. One thing I can definitely say though that there's more cute than crude on this website. Get your fill of silly kitties here. <3

Adult Written byMsMossy October 20, 2010

BEWARE! One Click From Cute Cats to Violent, Raw Sexuality!

My daughter has enjoyed the funny cat pictures with captions and fail-blog (oops photos) of the cheezburger sites, but now I know they (there are a collection of them) are too risky. She happened upon one of the sites that was within one click of cute animal pictures that depicted women, some very young looking, in demeaning and sexually violent ways. There's lots of nudity, too, but that's the very least of concerns. Potential for so much damage to young girls' self-image.

Adult Written bysmoothmoves97 May 12, 2010

Fun, but the links can lead to trouble

I Can Has Cheezburger is a really funny website. The sarcasm and cuteness mingle together in a... sarcute way? I don't know.
A word of caution: FAILblog, FAILbook, EngrishFunny, and some other websites will have inappropriate anatomical words. If you go to the Site Directory, if the website may contain offensive material, it will say (NSFW) or (sorta NSFW) before the short site description.
Overall the site is zany but fun.

Parent of a 9-year-old Written bychong123456 October 8, 2009

fun!

I LOVE THIIS WEBSITE!
Parent of a 10-year-old Written bysafesitesearcher July 28, 2009

Tween and up

Though it is a fun website with funny content, it has some sexual content and some bad language. However, I allow my daughter to go on, as long as she doesn't repeat any bad language. Grammar isn't a big issue, after all, once they are a teen and get a cell phone, they'll start using "Chatspeak", which is basically what they use here.