Parent reviews for Scallyroo

Scallyroo Poster Image

Breath of fresh air...

What a breath of fresh air. So many websites are vying for my kids attention but this is the one I endorse because it is safe and is grounded in positive values for my two daughters (ages 10 and 12, respectively). The site allows my to monitor their account as they are under the age of 13 and cant sign up w/o my consent. Great idea. Great site.

Perfect for Teens and Tweens

I have two kids (ages 12 and 14) and both use this site religiously and I actually encourage it. Scallyroo actually allows parents to join in on the action and connect with their kids on the site. It is really neat. Being a parent of two 'coming of age' teens you would think this might be a detractor, but it's just the opposite. I highly recommend parents with young teens to check out Scallyroo.

Great site for Teachers and Parents

Fantastic site. I highly recommend. I am a teacher in the Warner School District and our district is beginning to utilize Scallyroo to better communicate with our students. The parent body is also becoming more involved in their child's academic studies using the Parent Dashboard.

Two Thumbs Up from a Media Mom

What a great concept. I review sites like Scallyroo.com and come across numerous websites that try to be the next "big thing" for teens and tweens. Scallyroo hits on all primary tenets important to a parent like me. It is safe for kids, fun for parents, and gives a direct line of communication between both mediums. My two boys love the site and I highly recommend it.

Perfect Social Media Site For Kids

Scallyroo.com is a great resource for getting your child involved in online networking. The site is geared for Teens and Tweens and allows parents to monitor their actions on the site, while also providing parents the tools to better communicate with them. Many schools and institutions are beginning to adopt the Scallyroo platform as learning tool, both inside and outside of the classroom. As a parent, I find this is a great parenting tool, because it gives parents the control over their child's site experience. Scallyroo is the most transcendent website for kids and it I spend much of my professional life in this space as an author, columnist and child advocate. There isn't another site like it.

Perfect for Tweens Teens AND Parents

I am a father of three boys and work as a security, privacy and cyberspace lawyer and child advocate. Scallyroo is the only site that I found that truly takes child privacy laws seriously. Parents can monitor their child's actions remotely which is definitely the future of Internet industry as it relates to children under the age of 13. I highly recommend this site for responsible parents.

Truly A Great Concept

I highly recommend Scallyroo because it is easy for parents, and fun for kids. It makes goal-setting fun for the whole family. Plus there are other features that parents will like as far as safety is concerned. I have two kids ages 8 and 11 and they are on this site several times a week.

Breath of Fresh Air for Kids and Parents

This site is a real breath of fresh air. Its a great tool for kids to learn the positives of social networking and gives the parent the ultimate control over what their kids are up to on the site. As a parent you have the control over their friends and can take advantage of many cool features like sharing calendar events and goal setting. My three kids love the site and I give it two big thumbs up.

Great tool for Parents and Teachers

My daughter (9yrs old) loves Scallyroo... And so do I. It serves as a great communication tool between a child and a parent. I am an educator by trade and have been using this application in the classroom to motivate my students (setting class goals and motivating my students with rewards). The kids love it and the parents do too as they can check their progress. I give this site an A++++++

Very Unique Concept

As a parent, I am a big fan of this site. My son has been on Scallyroo for a few months now and it's really helping him with his school work and overall work ethic. With the Parent Dashboard, I can monitor his schoolwork and social life without being an overbearing parent, yet keep a unique line of communication open with him in a 21st century kind of way. It's a very safe site for kids of all ages, and a great tool for parents. Nothing like I have seen on Internet.