All parent member reviews for SmallWorlds

Parent of a 12 year old Written byStexan March 18, 2009

SmallWorlds NOT for Kids

Who are we kidding? If you want a safe web site for your child to play games on, go to Disney. Smallworlds is not a safe website for children of any age. I've been on the website with more than one avatar and if I am not being bombarded by some 14 year old asking if I want to be their girlfriend of boyfriend (depending on what avatar I'm playing) someone else walks in the room with an Avatar whose name is Sexy Panther. SmallWorlds moderators are usually 14 year olds in my experience and are not all that helpful. Their response to being harassed by anyone is to block them and or lock your room. There are many adults on SmallWorlds, most of the people I've run across are between the ages of 17-45. I won't allow my 12 year old play this game and I wouldn't allow him to play it if he was 15 years old unless I was sitting right next to him. Some rooms might not allow the use of swear words or any other type of inappropriate language but there is NO sensorship of email whatsoever. I've repeatedly asked Smallworlds to make a over 18 portion and an under 18 portion but I am sure they won't. I've even come across men posing as teens trying to pick up young girls, reported them and seen them banned for a day or two, but nothing prevents them from creating another Avatar or 10. This site scares me in regards to SmallWorlds attitude about harassment especially when it comes to sexual harassment. There is no way to prove or disprove your age on SmallWorlds and until they come out with a way to enfore AGE proof and be able to recognize it on the avatar itself, my child won't play. For the person who wrote the clothes are sexless, I've seen avatars that look like whores or worse with mid-driff tops and mini-skirts and more make up than a clown. I've seen avatars that look better than people, who cares if they aren't anatomical...ask anyone on there and they'll tell you that there are some sexy avatars on SmallWorlds. This place IS NOT suitable for CHILDREN or UNSUPERVISED.
Adult Written bySmallworlds007 August 10, 2013

Most Corrupt Game EVER

Smallworlds had a broken space search function for almost a year preventing all but one player to have spaces for sale appear. They have been allowed by staff of the game to take over virtually all sales of used spaces, and the owners refuse to take action despite a year long attempt by one player in the forums to make staff and players aware of this. It's plainly obvious to all players that staff doesn't care and refuse to take any action to mitigate the issue. Despite repeated posts in the How Are We Doing and Voice Your Opinion forums, staff remain silent. Don't waste your money on this game as your kids will just end up losing it all because of owners and staff that just don't care.
Parent Written byconcernedmomoftwo June 26, 2014

Disgusted!

Smallworlds.com is a virtual game based around 13 years of age and older, complete with cyber bullying, virtual sex, swearing and violence. Moderation are not official employees of Outsmart and are handpicked average players. Moderation abuses players IP addresses in order to spy on playing accounts, chat conversations and transactions for their own amusement. Smallworlds.com is unsafe and unsecure. Since the cyber bullying, virtual sex, swearing and violence has got so severe, they now place an official Outsmart Staff member in a known popular space called Town Center. I have witnessed this particular Staff member belittle their very own paying customers and players who are most likely teenagers. Below are screenshots. I do not, nor will I ever, recommend this game to any parent let alone any human being. Just say NO to Smallworlds.com! Screen 1: http://i57.tinypic.com/2jbjgiu.png Screen 2: http://i59.tinypic.com/517qme.png
Parent of a 12 year old Written bystargirl13 May 1, 2011

good for 12 years and up

my daughter plays it. it seems very edcucational but on the other hand there sre some bad words that people say that i have seen. so i suggest for people 12 and up. its a fun game but it can also influence the kids and can put out some personal information
Parent Written byMumGamer September 24, 2012

Not suitable for children.

I am actually an adult player of this game myself and have played in virtual worlds for many years. My own 11 year old daughter previously played a game similar to this which claimed to be suitable for 8 year olds and I stopped her from playing it due to her getting messages from boys containing sexual content. Small worlds has an age restriction of 13 and my daughter hasn't played it but I have myself for several months. There are a lot of things that I enjoy about the game and there is a lot to do such as climbing the levels and you can also grow plants, craft objects and that side of the game is fine and thats what I focus on. I rarely use the social side of the game as most of the other players seem to be very young and mostly all they seem to want to talk about is being your boyfriend/girlfriend, asking for money, trying to gain access to your account, using bad language which they simply alter the spelling of to get around the swear word block so constantly seeing 'niga', 'bych' 'hoe' etc. While wandering around the game I've been approached and asked if I wanted to have sex with boys, take part in lesbian threesomes and other crudely worded sexual activity like 'let me suck your titties' etc. None of this is uncommon at all. As an adult I can ignore all this and get on with the quieter side of the game as many of the adults on there do. I dread to think how many dubious adults are on there having roleplay sex with 12 year old girls though.. I wouldn't let a young teenager anywhere near it personally.
Parent Written byfarmmum February 8, 2012

No suitable for young teens...

Dont bother with Smallworlds. My daughter played avidly and i helped her by doing the 'factory' surveys to save up gold tokens to become a VIP member (i wouldn't let her spend her hard earned real money). What a waste of time! No sooner had she secured some gold tokens, then a avatar she didn't know approached her and asked to be her friend, and her account was HACKED! all gold stolen, clothes stolen... VERY upset. We even found out the name of the person and approached them on Smallworlds, but they denied it. We reported them but as they are a VIP member Smallworlds didn't block. I asked my daughter to delete her account as we were worried her email address would be made public. She will not play Smallworlds now. Don't bother to put your kids through the pain unless they are really really savvy...play moshi monsters or bin weavils instead!
Adult Written byReikaGreen July 25, 2011

To address parental concerns

I am an avid user of this game. Honestly, I think it's just fine for most teens to use. I do not agree with parents that say this site is not safe for any teen to use. If that is the case then they should be banning their child from all internet and cell phone privliges! The internet and most other technology has made things that you would normally want to keep from children readily available. I have been playing this game for a little over 1 year now and I think it's great! They have wonderful missions that teach users how to avoid scammers and teach how to report someone that is harrassing them. If the child/teen decides not to use these methods of protection then that is their choice. There are also many missions with positive, educational, and even moral issues addressed. So aside from the ocasional bad apple (in my experience, for anyone who is being lude or harrasing, usually there are many regular members who will come to help a person in need of help to get a moderator or help them block that user. Most people in the game are pleasant and want to keep the game that way.) the game is a wonderful outlet for children ages 13 and older. I think it is a great way to help children deal with real world situations as you are dealing with people from around the world. So as long as you take measures to protect yourself (as you would need to do on ANY social website) this can be a great game for anyone!
Parent of a 10 year old Written bychijioke123 March 3, 2011

a good way to meet other people and be cool
Parent Written byBentfish May 21, 2014

Worthless Company

Do not let your children play here. People (adults and children) talk about sex and other raunchy stuff everywhere in this game. You are supposed to be 13 to play, but I've seen 8 year old getting hit on by sexual predators. Moderation in this game is none existent. People can swear and talk nasty all they want and there is little to no discipline acted. Also, this company steals money from its players. Stay away.
Parent Written bychappy_1269 June 12, 2012

MAJOR SECURITY FLAWS / NO WAY TO CANCEL ACCOUNT

If your child leaves their smallworld account logged in somewhere (school, library, friend's house) someone can change the password and associated email address without knowing the original password. That person can then pretend to be your child and get personal infromation from his/her friends. If you are unfortunate enough to have entered your credit/debit card information into the system they can buy whatever crap they want. Not sure if they can get your credit card info for purchases outside the site, but it is bad enough for me to opt out. By opt out, I mean change the password and take control of the account, because I can't find an easy way to cancel.
Parent Written byTbladeKing September 12, 2011

My Smallworlds Review :)

I Think Smallworlds is great! In matter of fact one thing you gotta becareful of is [HACKERS] these individuals can do a lot of things like; Hack into there account,find information,etc all those sorts of thing's thats all that matters and being scammed is worst smallworlds is a safety environmental because there's no need to worry it matter if the Child Or Teen Either and Adult is mature enough to take immaturity from other Teens or other's who can't control there selves. The one thing I judge about parents about is called blocking avatars on smallworlds which they always forget to do it's always to keep it that way if they have a bad name or such kind of potential just ignore them parents should teach there kids how to do that, because parents should not just get mad. Well thats all i have for today thanks for reading this folks :).
Parent of a 14 and 15 year old Written byIndigoDreamer November 29, 2014

Bad Influence

I don't know how much time the reviewer actually spent on this site but as someone who has been on and off for quite a while now I have to say nothing about this game is good for children. It is full of incredibly nasty bullies, sex, dreadful language and a staff base who doesn't deem it necessary to do a damn thing about any of it. Over time it has just gotten worse. This site disgusts me. I have seen many avatars asking others to perform virtual sexual acts of various kinds, the general behavior is so despicable it makes me wonder if these kids even have any parents to guide them into becoming decent human beings and it's community is full of hate, greed and elitism. This game is NOT a game you want your teen on, believe me.
Parent Written bymotherofall July 20, 2013

the nightmare game for all parents

The game itself while I was on it with many different alts consists of kids having sx online in their private rooms , talking sexually graphic speech in public places by both adult and child . there are also some adults on the game who are ok but some are pedos . one man sent me a nude pic of himself via mail, another asked to have sx without knowing my age . the harrassment that happens on this game is over the top. the game itself seems to support trolling,scamming, harrassment, and sexual misdemeanors by both adults and youths. there is alot of sxtxting from this game going on . that is just apart of it however there is also payment issues with credit cards , debit cards ad other payment methods that I deem as unsafe and unfit to use. I also wonder about the safety or honesty of the staff since most seem to be moderators that are kids. I know many have reported money missing from their credit cards that they never asked for (unexplained purchases made to the card but not by the user) Items missing from accounts that the information was never given out on . When I think of smallworlds I think the service is poor and inefficient run by alot moderators kids whose maturity and honesty is questionable. I think is unsafe for kids for the following reason : inappropriate sexual content & action taking on this issue by staff harrssment & trolling to the extreme and again no action taking on this issue by staff alot of money issues in regards to credit cards debit cards - not safe for a parent or child to use . exposed to pedos , to unsafe sxual advances and talks ,unsafe for harrassment purpose , exposure to drugs n more. the fine line and over all message is that this game is unsafe on so many levels and that the staff is not capable or either that not doing their jobs enough to provide a better safer user friendly enviroment .
Parent of a 12 year old Written bycrosswins June 25, 2010

Question

Just curious, there was a faith based chat room that was from the Mormons. Is this normal for this site?
Adult Written byGuessIt April 21, 2010

WOOT!

Smallworlds has an age requirement, 11 and 12 do not meet that requirement. If you don't have enough maturity at that age to respect rules..........any rules well it's no wonder why kids are ruining the reputation of the game. I'm an adult player and I've played for a year and I have never witnessed an adult that I know of approach a younger player for indecent online activity. But who can really say with certainty what the age of any player is?. None of us can. I have seen avatars who say they are 14 approach others and not care how old they are. But I've never seen one say "hey I'm 25, I don't care if you are 11 I just want to have some fun with ya". Smallworlds is a creative game, where players create spaces and missions to earn virtual currency and until last Summer when school let out, there was not a strip club, dating/adoption spaces, makeout rooms or kissing booths until these younger players discovered it. And those that behave this way are reported to a moderation team and warned withing minutes or banned entirely from playing the game. I've reported hundreds for cyber sexing in Smallworlds created public spaces and it's always teens/tweens doing it. As far as any online activity for younger people, it is the responsibility of the parent to insure their child is playing safely. It is the responsibility of the developers to insure they obey the Terms of Service and Smallworlds does this swiftly. In the past year, there have been four upgrades to make this game more easy to understand, chat filters are updated, report functions upgraded and new features are being added constantly to keep your interest in the game. Why? because they listen, the developers and staff interact with players and listen to wants and concerns. I've yet to find this anywhere else in the virtual worlds.
Adult Written byavatar159 March 8, 2010

more for 20-100 than for kids

Far more involved that it appears, more violent content that it should have, more sexual exploits than one would expect, lots of ninny-gossips, lots of name-saying, lots of "who can we dog if they ain't VIP" etc. etc.
Adult Written byMikeman101 June 21, 2009

Awesome Experiance

I have found this site to be a great place to meet people from all over the world. Game staff is on live to help with in game problems. Missions, Pets your own house, furniture and much more. More people should join. Awesome experiance.
Parent of a 14 year old Written bylisajo71 May 18, 2014

grooming

My daughter has been using smallworlds for about 6 months, tonight while monitoring her internet use, I stubbled across across emails in her account from another member that she foolishly gave her email address too, I am mortified, the only thing I can say is my daughter has spent the last month and half being groomed. The filth I have just had to sit and read is unbelievable, please don't let your children use this game
Educator and Parent Written bySnapeeightyeight October 21, 2012

smallworlds is puposterouous

this website is adicting and makes children exessively spend $$$. It is a compleate waste of time for anyone to be on.
Parent Written byThe cool parent September 11, 2011

Useful info.

Well, there are people on this website that swear and once, tried to get personal info about me. I don't think it's a good website for children, but I guess okay for teens and adults. And you should supervise while your child is playing. I personally love this website, but it's NOT good for kids. Thanks and I hope I helped!!! :)