Parent reviews for Animal Jam - Play Wild!

Animal Jam - Play Wild! Poster Image

Evil scamming kids and horribly put together game that does not work properly and crashes continously

First of all, the customer service is TERRIBLE! I play many online games such as World of Warcraft and Final Fantasy online, and they have customer support to solve problems that arise. This is not true at all for Animal Jam. All you can expect to get is automated messages that do not even begin to address your current issue. They allow adults to make in game art of "furries" and it is so VERY inappropriate for children. They allow scamming, and they even promote this "kid's" game on social media websites where children have no business visiting in the first place. They give out items on youtube and instagram, so children like mine have no access to these giveaways because any smart parent will keep their kids off social media. All this company Wildworks cares about is their profits. They repeatedly let child information get leaked to the dark web through hacks and security breaches. Only the famous people who promote their game on social media ever have their stuff reimbursed. Regular gamers like my children do not stand a chance because the adults have overtaken these games. I do not want my children associating with pedophiles, but this game is a breeding ground for pedophile abduction. Please help me do something about this HORRIBLE game that entices 7-12 year olds to go onto social media to win prizes. The bad get rewarded and the good get punished. Kids who play this even want to commit suicide because of some scammer taking their items. My own daughter expressed that she wanted to die because she spent all these years working up to the items she has in game only to have them stolen again and again. This is unacceptable and the game needs to be shut down.
3 people found this helpful.

fortnite for furries

i got scammed and now i am homeless

1 person found this helpful.

Seems innocent but look at what the "children" are doing

1.) Creates unhealthy obsessions with trading items and scamming younger players from "rare" items. 2.) People use their animal user names on other sites and children can go there to communicate with strangers. 3.) My daughter actually needed therapy to break her addiction to this game. When I say addiction I mean lying to her parents, playing in the middle of the night, bribing her little brother to let him use his device to get more play time. Please don't let your children ply this game.
1 person found this helpful.

Accounts easily hacked- company does nothing

If you like watching your child grow attached to cute little pets for YEARS only to have his/her account hacked in one moment & everything built up get stolen & the company do absolutely nothing to help, this is the game for you! This has happened to soooo many children. Parents beware- company does not care.

Animal Jam

I love the game, and it is awsome.

Parent Page help staff asking for credit details!

I created a free animal jam account for one of my kids a few months ago.. like the parent control page. Last week a sibling wanted to play so we created a new use-name and I messaged asking to add this kid to the account. Since then I've been getting requests for credit card details (it is a FREE subscription, and the kids don't buy anything online) Animal Jam help staff claim the use name was linked to an old account so I've got to pay. We created the use-name randomly last weekend so it looks like a scam. I note the Play Wild parent site was hacked last year but no link to this behaviour that I can see. Beware.

My review for Animal Jam (Play Wild) - Marcoisland AJ

Overall, I think that this is a great game. It's not like Animal Jam Classic, where most things are for members. (No hate.) This is a great game for ages 5 and up, mainly because of privacy. (Your child may give away personal info, so it's better to be near them if they are younger.) Unlike other mobile games, this game is very safe. Sure, you get scammed or bullied once in a blue moon, but that almost never happens due to AJ chat filters. Although many people on common sense have said that the people playing are "Too Greedy" that's very untrue. Some people may like there items and they may say it's NFT. (Meaning Not For Trade) As a teen, I still find this game fun, and not addictive. I know that a lot of user's that are 13+ play the game, but honestly guys, it's alright. There is no swearing or anything like that in the game. It's a very cute game, that changed my childhood. It inspired me to create Animal Jam Video's. This app is 10/10

It’s great!

I think Animal Jam- Play Wild! Is a good game. In the parent setting for ages 4 to 6 I would set it on bubble chat. For ages 7 to 12 I think regular char is fine. Just make sure to monitor your 7 and 8 year olds chat usage. If any of your kids are looking for a buddy, buddy my 10 year old who will NOT bully anyone whatsoever. Her username is Kekeli2. Be sure to try this game. But AJPC is a sad disappointment. Animals have sex and things. They say things like “Baby, this hard enough?” And “Oo baby that’s good.” Just be sure to play Animal Jam Play Wild and NOT Animal Jam PC.

Fantastic

Definitely try the game if you're interested

Safe and surprisingly deep

My 8 and 13 year old are both obsessed with this game. I created an account and joined in to monitor their engagement with the social features, and I have to say I'm impressed. There is a surprising depth to the educational content (although you have to look for it to find it), and the chat filtering seems intelligent and comprehensive without smothering players' ability to communicate. I'm puzzled by the reviews citing instances of inappropriate language in Animal Jam. I experimented with the chat filter in the privacy of my "den" in the game, and was unable to use even creative alternative spellings of swear words without the game instantly blocking them and warning me. Repeated attempts earned me an automated 1 day suspension, and none of my attempts at adult language actually made it past the filter to appear in the game world. The system similarly blocks any attempts to enter phone numbers, locations, real names, and email addresses. I'm sure a determined player could find ways to communicate inappropriately with coded language, although I didn't observe anyone doing so. The game has mechanisms for blocking communication from a player behaving badly and reporting them to admins, and overall seemed to me to be a far less toxic environment for kids than the public Roblox and Minecraft servers my kids have encountered. The educational material takes the form of interesting nature facts scattered throughout the world, and a wealth of educational videos about animals that appear to have been created specifically for the game. These included videos of researchers answering questions from players about their fields of study, as well as short videos about specific animal species. I was particularly impressed with the collection of animal ebooks available in the game world, and I wonder why this content isn't more prominently displayed. I spent quite some time exploring the game world before I stumbled across the "Chamber of Knowledge," but once I did I was pleasantly surprised to find it full of great resources for animal-obsessed kids, all of it free. My primary complaint about Animal Jam is that the educational content isn't more deeply integrated with gameplay. Kids can play indefinitely without being encouraged to explore this aspect of the game, which strikes me as a missed opportunity.