Kid reviews for Choices: Stories You Play

Cheesy stories require players to choose between options.

Teen, 15 years old Written bychocolatecake123 July 20, 2017

Overpriced & mostly boring, with few merits

First things first, this game may be trash but it's still far better than Episode. At least actual effort was put into the art and storylines. Regardless, this app is absolutely overpriced—the only choices that come close to actually changing anything all cost Diamonds. Even if you decide to buy some, you really won't be changing much as pretty much all of your relationships are pre-determined to be positive or negative. I definitely wouldn't want anything to do with that Chris loser, yet The Freshman forces you to befriend him and you'll even have to endure some romantic tension. *gag* The aforementioned lack of actual choice in which direction you want to go is really ironic, given that this game is literally called Choices with a subtitle of "Stories You Play", and also stresses in the official description about how these are "...immersive visual stories where YOU control what happens next!" Yeah, not really. I understand that certain things are ingrained into all stories, but here the ingraining is amplified to the nth degree. At least give us some choices about whether we want to be friends with, say, our roommates, or just let us enjoy being single without having to date anyone and go to some stupid ball. Content-wise, there isn't much to worry about. The language is what you'd hear on a PG-rated sitcom ("damn", "hell", "ass"), there's occasional talk of grabbing a beer, and some characters are implied to be having sex. Ultimately, for me, the worst part of this game is that it was such a massive step down from Pixelberry's excellent two previous games, High School Story and, my personal favourite, Hollywood U. While both of those games also suffer (albeit mildly) from a lack of true decision-making, they are both relatively inexpensive (you don't actually have to pay to enjoy the game), and they contained other features beyond the stories—it's always fascinating to see if you'll unlock a rare classmate/entourage type and so forth. I would highly recommend both of those games to someone who is looking for a game somewhat similar to Choices, except with more fun/extra features as well as no requirement to pay.

Teen, 16 years old Written bypubliclyappropriate September 10, 2017

Pixelberry at its finest

While it's true that the first story, The Freshman, isn't that good, Choices has many good novels. No other visual novel or choose your own adventure game can match the epicness of Endless Summer or The Crown and the Flame. As for romance, they're similar to teen romcoms - mild swearing and sexual innuendo. However, the characters in them are very complex and interesting. Choices allows your protagonist to be of your desired race, gender and sexual orientation. I think the game is better than Episode, not just because of its diverse plots but the LGBT romances which are given the same importance as straight storylines. However, diamonds are needed for more content, unlocking outfits. Sometimes it can seem offputting about the experience. The keys needed to play chapters regenerate every 2 hours.

Teen, 14 years old Written byDravenW August 6, 2017

Addicting, but Cheesy

This game is really addicting, but it is super cheesy and you can tell how a story will play out. Some stories can be a bit unpredictable but not much. There is sex and some violence here and there as well as drinking. If you are uncomfortable with people in there underwear and/or intimate relationships than I would avoid this game.

Teen, 17 years old Written bysarahslytherin October 25, 2017

Addictive

It's definitely better than any other 'choose your own path' app. I don't think most of its stories fit the name, though. The books all go in the same path, regardless of your choices. The exception to this is Endless Summer, book one and two. In book one, the choices (that you have to buy) determine whether you discover the secret at the end. In book two, your choices DRASTICALLY change the outcome of the book. I hope pixelberry follows in Endless Summer's steps and makes more books like it. It's for 13+ because some of its stories have sex. You can buy sex scenes for diamonds, and they're detailed, but genitals are never actually said. But you know what they're doing. There's violence in some stories, like Most Wanted and Endless Summer. Their recent book, It Lives in The Worlds, has graphic images. And, to add to lack of real choices, the 'good' choices need to be bought. You earn one (1) diamond per new chapter you complete. Some choices cost 30 diamonds - diamonds for clothes, diamonds for 'extra' scenes, diamonds to further your relationships, etc. It goes too far sometimes. There can be 5+ diamond choices in ONE chapter.

Kid, 12 years old February 17, 2018

Go live your own life

If you ask me, I think that this app is trash. The stories are predictable, cheesy, and somewhat unrealistic. People should start getting off their devices and go live their own life. A life where you don't have to pay for the decisions you make on some stupid app.

Teen, 17 years old Written byAndibrunson12 May 4, 2018

Great game for teens

Choices is a game that is pretty much like episode, just not as innapropriate. I've played a lot of the books and there is some bad stuff in them. As for younger kids, I recommend books like Hero, High School Story and The Crown and the Flame, but your gonna get LGBTQ in pretty much every book. It's also more of a teen girl game. I like it but I wouldn't let kids under 12 get it, because of the sensual things in it.

Kid, 9 years old May 17, 2018

ok

episode is better but..

Teen, 13 years old Written byhannabananalol911 January 5, 2018

Really Dumb App

"Choices" is arguably the worst app ever. The storylines are dumb, there is TONS of inappropriate things, especially in the romances. WAY too many ads, and it also encourages you to waste your money. Don't play it if you are actually looking for something fun.

Teen, 13 years old Written byMasterbloodhunter1 October 1, 2018

Pretty good

This game is a violent depending on the story you chose to tell. I recommend to be at least 13 to play
Kid, 10 years old November 6, 2018

Addicting

Its not very bad, it gets kinda corny, and you only get 2 keys and it takes for ever to restock them. It gets super annoying, but in a way its helpful, it reminds you to stay away from unhealthy habbits. I think it's good for 9, 10 (maybe even 8) and up, if the child is mature and understands the teen situations.

Teen, 16 years old Written byDecember. September 30, 2018

Choices

This game has continuous adverts that actually make you play the game for a few seconds until you can exit. The actual problem is that I have a younger sibling who plays a lot of games on his phone, he's noticed this app's adverts saying things like 'Ooooh he's so hot' and 'He's speeding...but he's sooooo sexy, let's snog him now' this of course is completely inappropriate for children, this game should not show it's adverts on kid aimed games, Thanks :)

Privacy & Safety
Teen, 14 years old Written byNATley25 August 14, 2018

Teen, 16 years old Written byBabloo June 6, 2018

Too Costly..

Its a cool game. Really great to play when you are bored. However the fact that we need diamonds to make decisions is too much and whatever our choices the actual storyline wont be affected. Over all a fun game let down by the developer's greediness.