Parent reviews for Clash of Clans

Multiplayer mode enlivens freemium combat strategy game.

Parent of a 10-year-old Written bymrh73 August 19, 2014

It's all about what clan you join!

First off, this is an excellent game that both kids and adults will enjoy - a great father-son diversion, but it can become somewhat addictive. You may soon find yourself adding new accounts to other devices (e.g. your wife's phone). If you refrain from spending real money on it (which I have), it's also a lesson in careful planning and patience, as well as basic arithmetic. Clan vs Clan Wars promote teamwork, communication, and philanthropy. The minimal violence isn't any worse than what kids see in cartoons or Skylanders games. The only possible objectionable content is the open chat. There are two kinds of chat that you can toggle between: Global and Clan. You can report foul language in the Global chat and get people temporarily booted from the servers, but there's no reporting function when chatting within your own clan. This makes the clan your child is in the real deciding factor in whether or not they should be playing the game. Fortunately, lots of clans have filled this need and you'll find plenty of "clean" clans full of fathers and sons, clans which advertise "No cursing allowed" (and offenders are quickly given the boot), clans of school chums, etc... If your kid joins up with a clan of college-age gamers, though, look out! Keep an eye on the chat thread in your child's clan (there's a buffer of the last 100 messages) until you're satisfied the members don't curse like sailors, and this game will provide many hours of enjoyment for you both.

Parent of an infant-year-old Written byMamaKatRN May 21, 2014

Interaction with Clan - Beware

This game is great fun. I play it. However a large part of the game is joining a clan. This review is inaccurate in stating that there is only a global chat. Players are also able to chat and interact with members of their clan. I try to make sure that the clan I am in is only for adults, but often I see children ages 8-12 join these clans. It can be harmless, but parents do not know who their children are interacting with, or even what type of content their children are being exposed to by playing a game with other adults who are strangers. I would just make sure you know that your children are playing this game and that there is the potential for chatting with adults in a clan group chat.

Adult Written byCaleb Hong July 6, 2019

Amazing game!

This was a family tradition. When i was 7, I used to play with my dad in mom in the same clan with other friendly people. But, I prefer for you to not go into a stranger's clan because you won't know who is in that clan. They can be chatting inappropriate words, so for that alone, I think it should be 17+. But for the game itself with no inappropriate chatting, it should be 7+

Parent of a 11 and 14-year-old Written bycmpjlp241 August 28, 2014

Parents BEWARE - Can be used for secret texting!!

Please be careful with this one! This app allows kids to set up a private chat room to talk with their friends or just one friend...and no one is monitoring what is said. Some kids are using this feature to have conversations without their parents knowing.

Parent of a 3, 6, 8, and 8-year-old Written byFowlerFan April 17, 2015

Must be monitored

Like most games, this is a game that must be monitored when your kids are into it. I saw a clan that my son was in had one guy who swore a lot, so I took him out of that clan. I ended up getting the game myself. I've setup a clan of my own, and he joins that - as can all of his friends. That way, I can see the chat. It's a decent enough game, if monitored.

Adult Written byDavid C November 25, 2014

Inappropriate screen names

I have alerted Apple and the developer Supercell that there are many inappropriate screen names. Apple gave me three movie rentals hoping I would go away. Supercell has done nothing that I am aware of.

Essentially, they allow very slight misspellings of lewd phrases that I don't think any parent wants their children reading. When alerted, they take no action.
Parent of a 12-year-old Written bytintinruaza July 24, 2015

Oh come on, I'm so addicted.

I love this game! I'm so addicted to it! There's a group chat, you get to attack clans, and everything! My 12-year-old kid, however, strongly opposes this and recommends that no one should ever play this game. I tried to tell her that it's the best game ever known in the App Store, but she still refused to play it.

Parent of a 9 and 11-year-old Written bySraedi February 9, 2015
Point of interest: It includes live chat with other players who are often random unknown entities. For this reason, I am not comfortable with my kids using it.

Adult Written by007SPY January 24, 2015

Do Not Let Kids Play This Game

This Game Has People On Global Chat Talking About Sex And Violence Also Swearing At Younger Children. do Not Let Your Kid Play This Game

Adult Written byHenry S. July 12, 2021

Clash of Clans is very enjoyable!

I don't know why people find clash of clans as a bad game. I believe that it can easily be free to play, just get good at the game and don't be trash. It is not violent in any way, all it has is the troops popping when defeated into elixir bubbles and a tombstone appearing, how could it be violent?

Adult Written byBbomzer June 6, 2021

Not helpfull

So I got banned from the app because they're saying that I’m stealing the account that I’m trying to get back. I uninstall the app on my old phone and I’m trying to get my village back so they banned me . They are not helpful .to many stupid questions unnecessary. All I wanted to do is get my village back . I don’t recommend this app to anyone .
Adult Written byDavid20202 February 26, 2021

Sucks

They don't let you upload when you give a bad review. Just being honest with review but since I spent$, I need to finish the season
Adult Written bydwa October 15, 2020

Support

Never go to customer support. Say anything which they don't like and you get banned instantly. They have extremely bad customer support and will ban you for account phishing if you try to recover an account. Ban you for sharing your account if you play on multiple devices or share with family or a friend.
Adult Written byCzareczky August 5, 2020

Scam

If u ever have a problem finding your old account and you get stuck with a guy named oddy to help you get it back good luck they just bann the account because they think your stealing it? So my review is don’t invest money into this game because you won’t be able to move account

Adult Written byginofalu887 July 28, 2020

There are many different elements of a successful CoC strategy. You need to know the ins and outs of accumulating and correctly spending resources. You have to take care of your village’s economy as well as defensive capabilities. Building barracks and keeping your troops strong is also a must. Moreover, you’re going to have to then use that army to take other peoples resources. That means the necessity to judge whom to attack and when to do it. You also have to choose a strong strategy while building your army and then executing upon it properly during the attack. Keeping a good balance between defense, offense, and farming resources is key to success in Clash of Clans. One way to speed up this situation, is buying a boosting account services in sites like MMOAUCTIONS

Adult Written byBlaiseeee June 29, 2020

Don’t like it

You need to spend money on this game TH10 or higher. Otherwise expect no progress would rather have ads then have to buy a new gold pass every month.

Adult Written byEvelyn_Patronum June 2, 2020

Fortnite meets Candy Crush

Clash of clans is a stradegy game. My whole family plays it. It does involve dying but there is no blood. It is really cool.

Adult Written byBlaiseplays June 1, 2020

I’ve seen better AI in game‘s from the 90’s

The AI in this game is god awful and it shows when you look at the best bases there all ugly lumps of walls instead of neatly designed bases like they used to be when the dumb AI knew what to do, when there was very little structure’s. This ruins all gameplay after TH 10 in my opinion as attacks become repetitive and you have to choose a ugly base to even stand a chance.
Adult Written byjcmcdowell May 10, 2020

One of my favorite games ever!

I love this game! It is strategic, and I love how the player can upgrade pretty much anything in his/her village and move up in levels. I have been playing this game for a few years, and there is still plenty to upgrade. I love that there is both a Home Village and a Builder Base. It keeps the game more fun. I highly recommend it to anyone who loves violent, yet strategic battle games, because this is a classic that has been around for as long as I can remember.

Adult Written byAce0710 April 9, 2020