Kid reviews for Clash Royale

Clash Royale Poster Image

Why I think 10+

This game is pretty fun, but addicting. The game in itself is not bad, even a 6 year old could handle it. But there are a couple of things that make me say 10+. 1st, it is addicting, and keeps you opening the app constantly. For example, You can get chests that take ___ time. (Depending on chest. Usually a few hours). After the time has passed, you get a notification to open up your chest, and players may forget that they're only opening the app to open the chest, and they could start playing for hours. 2nd, the consumerism level is very high. They advertise in-game stuff all the time, and if your not carful, you could accidentally spend 20$. The third is clans. I dont think this is too big of a deal, but you can join "clans" and there is a clan chat room. So you can talk to others online that you dont know and possibly be exposed to mature content. Im sure bad words are blocked and you can't use them, but im not sure cause I dont chat. So it's fun, but careful and limit time.

2 people found this helpful.

Clash Royale Teaches Important Skills and Requires Deep Thinking

Clash Royale is a "card game." I say that in quotes because it's more of a troop deployment strategy game. Age Appropriateness: All content in CR is appropriate for kids. There is obviously violence involved, but their is no blood shown. All troops and buildings you deploy are made of a purple substance called "elixer." The death animations are simply the troops melting into a tiny, purple puddle and disappearing right after. There are a few revealing clothing choices such as the Valkyrie's, but there is no suggestive dialogue or anything like that. Monetezation: Players can buy things in the shop with real money such as gems (the game's premium currency, can still be obtained for free), gold, cards to level up your troops and buildings, and banners displayed at the start of every match. The game can be pay to win if somebody had overleveled cards for their placement on the ladder, but only to a small extent. Gameplay: CR is a simple game in the low ladder placements, buy becomes more complex as you climb and unlock more cards to use. Gameplay is addicting, but can be frustrating sometimes if your opponent uses overleveled cards and wins. Although some cards are either really bad or really good, the balance is well done. Even cards considered by many to be bottom of the barrel can be good in certain situations, and overpowered cards still have their weaknesses and can be countered by skilled players. The gameplay requires some deep thinking, which may be tough for young kids, but they will become better with more practice. If your kid starts playing this game, I recommend trying it yourself so you can teach your child strategies and maybe even making a good deck for them if they aren't doing well. A website called deckshop.pro is good for doing this, and offers helpful advice for improving decks. Educational Value: The game requires deep-thinking which teaches kids basic problem-solving and strategizing skills. Your kid can also create and join their own "clan." The clan can engage in "clan wars" with clans started by others and play games against the opposing clan. This teaches skills that will help them a lot in life, including leadership, teamwork, and communication. Their friends from school, swim lessons, karate, chess club or whatever also interested in playing CR can even be invited to join this clan. Edit: I did forget to mention one thing. CR does have a rigged matchmaking system. The way it works is that if you go on too big of a winning streak, it will match you against someone who hard-counters your deck for a few matches, and then go back to normal. The opposite is true if you are on a losing streak; the system will put you against someone whose deck YOU hard-counter for another few games. Overall, I give Clash Royale an 8 out of 10.

1 person found this helpful.
Game is so bad, you can go into a battle with people who have troops you cant even get in like 4 other arenas making it SO unfair and SO unlikely to win, and if you have a kid that usually gets mad at games I dont recommend it cause if he loses he will get VERY mad. (i have experience) I'd stick to Clash Of Clans instead...

pay to win no more.

I really dislike and don't recommend his game it's trash and p2w ( pay real money, waste some dollars to beat players in 1v1 that's it ) it's so damn trash waste of time.

my thoughts...

It's a fantasy action strategy game that wants all your time and money.

1 person found this helpful.
As a player, the frustration as a new player as the game allows payer with more cards( characters) to play against someone who haven’t unblocked those characters yet. I think that for ranking purposes your child or as a player you will not like

F2P Garbage

Pay to win game with balancing issues. Don’t bother with this garbage excuse of a game a waste of time.

Why clash royal is bad

In my opinion,It as a good game when it came out but now anytime i play it always freezes causing me to lose. It is so laggy and after i play 1 match in the day, it becomes scripted. In my opinion i would gibe this a 0 out of 10.
1 person found this helpful.

Good game has been under looked

This game has been very under looked here, I started playing this game in 2016 a couple months after it released, the game doesn’t teach you to strategize well at first and what you mostly think is that upgrading cards is the best way to win, but strategy beats card levels by a long shot there are even people who never level up their cards and make it to the top leagues, Making a deck is a strategy by itself. There may be some consumerism but they are never the way to victory, you can have all cards at max level and face someone who has just made it half way through the game and still lose if the player knows how to play his cards, while higher card levels of course makes chances for winning better they won’t help unless you know how to play your cards. The only consumerism that you gotta buy is pass Royale/season pass and extra lives for challenges but the only exclusive things it offers are tower skins and exclusive emotes which are both just cosmetics but there is already free emotes and sometimes free tower skins that you can get so purchasing isn’t needed unless you want to (rewards speeds up process to get to higher level but you will still reach your goal without buying anything if you are skilled enough). I don’t understand why this hasn’t been given any educational value because you definitely learn things such as creating decks, strategizing where to place cards, 2v2 teamwork, learning which cards that stop each other and more. This game is not easy at all and it’s not because who has the better levels, it’s because who is the more skilled one. It may not seem like that early in the game but once you start getting to the more higher arenas/ranks you will understand

Good game. Skill game.

Amazing game about skill! It is a game about beating the other player with cards, and is a mix with tower defense and battle. You actually have to think about what to do to beat your opponent. Gets very competitive later on. Not easy for everyone also. This game can be very pay to win, as in you pay money to progress faster then usual.