Parent reviews for Crossy Road - Endless Arcade Hopper

Crossy Road - Endless Arcade Hopper Poster Image

Ads have profanity

My son and nephews have been playing Crossy Road for years and it's a cute and fun game. However, while I was watching my son play, a video ad came up that used the word bullsh** - spoken and written at the bottom of the screen. I was disappointed and angry. The video ads can be disabled (which I did,) but watching them is a way to earn coins and points, so my son was understandably disappointed.

Fantastic

This game is a good and easy game for children to play. Of course when the characters “die” or loose they get squashed by cars but it isn’t gory or anything like that. This game doesn’t include upgrades for the character and you can spend money to get these upgrades but apart from that this game is A-Okay!

This is fine for young kids

Honestly, I don't know why other parents complain about being able to buy things from in games or watching the advertisements. The game is FREE, so I expect that whoever makes the game needs to make money somewhere. If you don't want the ads then they'll start charging for the game and then you'd be complaining about that! Regardless, all you need to do is not allow purchases on your kids ipad etc. Easy. Do you phone bike makers whenever your kid falls off a bike saying "Why didn't you stop the kid falling off the bike?" It's ridiculous. Take responsibility for your own kid and stop expecting others to. Anyway, my rant is over. My kids all love this game - it's easy to play and a great little time filler.

Manipulates kids in order to be interesting!

I do not recommend. The game is very boring unless you want to buy new characters. While the game seems innocuous, my six-year-old kept watching advertisements in order to get the characters he wanted. I feel like it manipulates children to watching advertisements and should not be played unsupervised.