Find the best for your family

See what's streaming, limit strong violence or language, and find picks your kids will love with Common Sense Media Plus.

Join now

Parent reviews for Episode -- Choose Your Story

Mature themes, purchases in stories teens read and create.

Parent of a 17 year old Written byLisa A. September 28, 2017

Complete garbage

For this kind of game to be rated as young as 13 given the type of inappropriate material it represents, is unacceptable. When you go to watch an R-rated film, you must be at least 18, so what makes these people think that it's okay to create a game that consists of "adult" choices like getting "pregnant", a serious like decision, and decide that the context is fit for a young adult as young as 13, how? Yes it's my job to protect my kids, especially my 13-year old daughter from stuff like this, but why put it out there for them to see? The material in this type of game is definitely not appropriate for a 13 year old. And don't even get me started on the whole, "you should watch your kids better" type of deal. I served my country as a single mother in military with honorables! You better believe I'm watching you and I've worked in top security. I can't believe that you've gotten THIS far with getting a 13 rating. You disgust me, and since people don't have the backbone to to take action anymore or even question anything anymore, I am.

Adult Written byCam B. August 22, 2017

Problematic

As a former member of the episode community, I will advise you not to let your children to use this app. Not only they have extremely expensive gem choices but most of the user stories in there don't seem to be regulated. There's tons of underage sex, underage pregnancy, romanticising of rape and other forms of abuse. In top of that all, the Episode staff doesn't seem to care about their consumers, seeing as when some users made some threads on their forums about these issues they simply ignored them, and even got to delete some threads created to spread awareness on the topic. In case you want to read what the people on the community are trying to get across, Here are some links to the threads on question:
On a specific story Episode refuses to take down even though it breaks their guidelines: http://forums.episodeinteractive.com/forum/main-category/general-chat/13...
On the issue of rape and abuse: http://forums.episodeinteractive.com/forum/main-category/general-chat/13...
On statutory rape: http://forums.episodeinteractive.com/forum/main-category/general-chat/13...

Adult Written byEveAngeline D. May 30, 2017

The game should be called "Try to Stop Your Character From Making Terrible Mistakes and Fail".

The game glorifies petty teen drama. Your character is prompted to be unkind, and is rewarded (things go better) when she is mean. You don't have a lot of control in the game. While you can choose the outfit your character will make bad decisions in, you cannot usually keep her from making those terrible choices. This makes the game frustrating. The game really wants you to spend money, so "good" choices cost you. The game is a fine time killer and is a fine idea, but it is limited and, in my opinion, promotes unkindness and pettiness. It also is heavy handed with romance and sexuality.

Parent Written byAnna B. November 28, 2017

not recommended for kids under 16

I went on this app the other day. it was on my daughter's phone. She is 12. There were kids smoking cigerettes and this one main character kept trying to "hook" up with all the "hot" chicks at school. In one scene he says: he went to his best friends house and banged his sister all night long. He taught her all he knew. He thinks his friend would be upset with him--but he didn't care. She wanted it--and wanted him. So it was all worth it.
After viewing other scenes, this same character "bad boy" was trying to hook up with other girls on the episode . In one scene a girl wanted help finding her sister who she was babysitting and ran outside her home. HE was in the street, down the block from her. He said he would help her--only if she gave him a favor and provided some pleasurable favors for him to help her. She declined (because i chose this option). If I chose the other option, i am certain they would be doing something inappriate. I am postin this so parents are all AWARE of this app. it is not recommended for kids under 16 or 15. One parent of a 10 year old...said it was a great app. Please look into it again. It is not appropriate for girls or boys at that age.

Adult Written byrebma97 July 29, 2016

Great concept yet superficial

Episodes has an excellent premise but falls short on storylines. The stories are soap opera-ish and some aspects are pretty superficial (some games encourage you to dress fashionably to help you advance to the story) and it would be nice if most of the stories didn't revolve around romance. Also, I hate how much stuff you have to buy to do more things in the game, and the ads are super annoying. I do love the concept of allowing the player to make their own choices, so that's cool. Violence: Some stories contain violent aspects and characters can fight sometimes (they'll punch each other if they do, though there's no blood). Sex: Most stories revolve around romance. There's innuendo and references to having sex. A few games have your character engaging in sex (the actual act isn't shown but your character is naked, with just two black lines covering their sensitive parts along with their partner). Language: The occasional "h*ll", "d*mn", "a*s", etc. are used. Some games contain strong language like "s-t" or "f-k". Consumerism: You have to sit through three ads before you can play one episode. Also, you need passes to play each episode, and you usually start off with only 3. When you run out, you are encouraged to buy more (or you have to wait 2-3 hours for 3 more). Gems are another thing you can purchase. They're not needed to play the games but there are some things you can only do with gems (like buying outfits and certain choices you can make in the game). Drinking/drugs/smoking: Characters sometimes drink (and occasionally get drunk) and smoke cigarettes.

Adult Written byNZCarolina March 2, 2019

Horrible

First off, I recommended this app for 0 girls of any age. It requires you to spend money to "win," by which I mean being rich, trashy, and ruthless in the quest to be the meanest girl in school. App should be called "How to traumatize your daughter without sex or violence."
Adult Written byChelsea f. October 7, 2017

Age

This is good for adults . It is not suitable for young children or impressionable teenagers. The game includes, a lot of sexual nature & the game also sometimes allows a man to hit woman first depending on the story line.one episode were the character decides weather she should carry on with the pregnancy in storyline ", I mean that's for adults but young teenagers girls playing this game more guy think it's just split easy decision. Wen we adults no it's not. It's ok for adults to play reality drama as it's suitable for an adult to play. I only found this game because my little sister age 9 introduced me to it and I thought looking at it , it was kids aimed game, but the more I read into stories more smoking and swearing came into it it's more for those aged 18 and over

Parent of a 5, 10, and 15 year old Written byGina D March 9, 2017

Great!

Good stories. Your kids will love!

Adult Written byTi-Anna F. August 8, 2016

Okay storyline

So I decided to try this interactive app before I recommend it for my niece. The first thing I noticed was the cost of things and the lack of opportunity to earn anything to pay these cost. As a gamer you usually get the opportunity to earn game currency. Secondly, the story line is going to do what it wants you to do to keep the drama going. I'm not a drama filled individual so some of the things that happened I would never do. If people want to be boring and honest then they should have the choice. I get that choice with my SIM and I find those games extremely fun. Last but not least, the ads took up more and more time toward the end of the game. It started to get a little annoying. Keep ad times consistent.

Parent Written bycynthia s. December 31, 2017

Beware of this app

What seemed like a creative app for my daughter turned into a highly inappropriate adventure in sex, alcohol and even drugs. Terrible app. Definitely not for anyone under 18. No good messages here. Just trash.

Adult Written byGochiGochiboy November 30, 2019

This a sexy game with lot of content bad.

But good for hot girls

Adult Written byepisodeexpert October 28, 2019

Listen parents

All stories that have sexual things it in will TELL YOU! If your kids decide to brush that warning off in the beginning of the story, then that's their fault! If the story is not appropriate for their age, it will tell you. So don't go blaming episode for warning your kids. Blame your kids for wanting to see what's behind the warning.
Adult Written bygianawest23 October 20, 2019

16+

You know, this really is a good app. I play it, but 16+ really, I mean, it has a lot of sex, drinking, but it does censor things. I like it though. However, before my I had it, my 11-year-old downloaded this and explained it to me. After being completely shocked at how mature the app was, I told her to delete it. But, if you think your child can handle things like that or is 16 an older, it could be fun. You get to name your character, dress them up... it is pretty fun to be truthful. I'm very torn. It depends on your kid.

Adult Written byCarrielisa September 6, 2019

Don't let your kids get this

This episode app is poison. Full of the worst messages you would ever want your child exposed to. Mine is 11 and so glad I checked this before letting her get it. It's disgusting. I can't believe it's even allowed.

Adult Written byjuanito123sexy August 28, 2019

PERFECTLY FINE

My son pablito (age 4) loves this game I tried it out too and it was awesome!

Adult Written byc.ahmc2000 July 28, 2019

Pass

I dont like to wait for free passes so can we watch ad’s to get free passes please
Parent of a 18+ year old Written byKylaSmithBossGa... July 21, 2019

Adult Written byDontMessWithMyKids July 20, 2019

Entry Level to Sex for Kids

This game is not for kids.
A 13 yr old should not be playing a game that depicts adult-life decisions such as ... "Getting pregnant", or "go all the way in a hot tub with your GF/BF".

How is Apple and Google allowing this developer to make this game available to 13yr olds? This game + craps-shows such as "Teen and Pregnant" continue to erode and destroy this current generation by forcing them to take on responsabilities these kids shouldn't even think of at age 13 - 24 !

Want to save your kids mind from growing too fast?
STAY CLEAR of this game!

Parent of a 10 year old Written byAnnalisababy June 25, 2019

Make it clean

Make it clean please clean it all the way out change it to rated 4

Adult Written byarianopuerto June 11, 2019

Don't bother

I've played this game and terrible. The featured stories are the worst, there's no gender of choice or male lead. Totally rubbish