Parent reviews for Episode -- Choose Your Story

Mature themes, purchases in stories teens read and create.

Adult Written byEveAngeline D. May 30, 2017

The game should be called "Try to Stop Your Character From Making Terrible Mistakes and Fail".

The game glorifies petty teen drama. Your character is prompted to be unkind, and is rewarded (things go better) when she is mean. You don't have a lot of control in the game. While you can choose the outfit your character will make bad decisions in, you cannot usually keep her from making those terrible choices. This makes the game frustrating. The game really wants you to spend money, so "good" choices cost you. The game is a fine time killer and is a fine idea, but it is limited and, in my opinion, promotes unkindness and pettiness. It also is heavy handed with romance and sexuality.

Parent Written byAnna B. November 28, 2017

not recommended for kids under 16

I went on this app the other day. it was on my daughter's phone. She is 12. There were kids smoking cigerettes and this one main character kept trying to "hook" up with all the "hot" chicks at school. In one scene he says: he went to his best friends house and banged his sister all night long. He taught her all he knew. He thinks his friend would be upset with him--but he didn't care. She wanted it--and wanted him. So it was all worth it.
After viewing other scenes, this same character "bad boy" was trying to hook up with other girls on the episode . In one scene a girl wanted help finding her sister who she was babysitting and ran outside her home. HE was in the street, down the block from her. He said he would help her--only if she gave him a favor and provided some pleasurable favors for him to help her. She declined (because i chose this option). If I chose the other option, i am certain they would be doing something inappriate. I am postin this so parents are all AWARE of this app. it is not recommended for kids under 16 or 15. One parent of a 10 year old...said it was a great app. Please look into it again. It is not appropriate for girls or boys at that age.

Parent Written bycynthia s. December 31, 2017

Beware of this app

What seemed like a creative app for my daughter turned into a highly inappropriate adventure in sex, alcohol and even drugs. Terrible app. Definitely not for anyone under 18. No good messages here. Just trash.

Adult Written byNZCarolina March 2, 2019

Horrible

First off, I recommended this app for 0 girls of any age. It requires you to spend money to "win," by which I mean being rich, trashy, and ruthless in the quest to be the meanest girl in school. App should be called "How to traumatize your daughter without sex or violence."
Adult Written byrebma97 July 29, 2016

Great concept yet superficial

Episodes has an excellent premise but falls short on storylines. The stories are soap opera-ish and some aspects are pretty superficial (some games encourage you to dress fashionably to help you advance to the story) and it would be nice if most of the stories didn't revolve around romance. Also, I hate how much stuff you have to buy to do more things in the game, and the ads are super annoying. I do love the concept of allowing the player to make their own choices, so that's cool. Violence: Some stories contain violent aspects and characters can fight sometimes (they'll punch each other if they do, though there's no blood). Sex: Most stories revolve around romance. There's innuendo and references to having sex. A few games have your character engaging in sex (the actual act isn't shown but your character is naked, with just two black lines covering their sensitive parts along with their partner). Language: The occasional "h*ll", "d*mn", "a*s", etc. are used. Some games contain strong language like "s-t" or "f-k". Consumerism: You have to sit through three ads before you can play one episode. Also, you need passes to play each episode, and you usually start off with only 3. When you run out, you are encouraged to buy more (or you have to wait 2-3 hours for 3 more). Gems are another thing you can purchase. They're not needed to play the games but there are some things you can only do with gems (like buying outfits and certain choices you can make in the game). Drinking/drugs/smoking: Characters sometimes drink (and occasionally get drunk) and smoke cigarettes.

Adult Written byAnna Fluharty May 21, 2020

Filled With Lies, Addicting, and Degrades the Dignity of the Human Person

Imagine living in a perfect world where your choices did not have real consequences. You could do anything you wanted regardless of whether it was right and wrong. The dangers of putting this game in the hands of children, or anyone else really, is that it takes the balance out of media usage, it takes the truth out of reality, and acts as if the human person is just an object to be used for the sake of pleasure. I played this game when I was in high school thinking it would be fun, but after just a little time on it, I realized how many lies it contains. It acts as if you can have it all. You can have this life that you always wanted without real responsibilities. As humans, we all share similar hopes, fears, desires and joys. We are sensory creatures longing for the connection of another person. Games like this lie to the user, manipulates them to think that having a handsome partner, a lot of money and the choice to do whatever and whenever you want will make you happy. It can become addicting, making the user lose balance of media and reality in real life. The game presents people as objects of choice, letting the user choose to do certain things that involve risky behaviors just for the dramatic effect or for selfish desires. It is easy for lies like this to be woven into games so easily, especially this one. The reality is that truth exists. Good exists, and when people, especially children, virtually live in a game that pretends there is no consequences to poor decisions, people start to confuse what truth really is in reality.

When I played this game as a teenager, it was fun at first because I could do whatever I wanted. But I knew there was a problem the moment I choose I bad choice. It makes you want to do bad things and encourages you to continue doing that and go deeper. Games like this, that alter the view of reality, are dangerous especially for children.
Adult Written byTi-Anna F. August 8, 2016

Okay storyline

So I decided to try this interactive app before I recommend it for my niece. The first thing I noticed was the cost of things and the lack of opportunity to earn anything to pay these cost. As a gamer you usually get the opportunity to earn game currency. Secondly, the story line is going to do what it wants you to do to keep the drama going. I'm not a drama filled individual so some of the things that happened I would never do. If people want to be boring and honest then they should have the choice. I get that choice with my SIM and I find those games extremely fun. Last but not least, the ads took up more and more time toward the end of the game. It started to get a little annoying. Keep ad times consistent.

Adult Written bystretchagretch May 22, 2020

Not really suitable for anyone

I can tell the game is meant to target younger teens, but the content and stories are too shallow, dramatic and sexualized to be suitable for impressionable younger ones in my opinion. When stories are about sex, drama, dating shows, murder and whatnot, you'd expect the dialogue and content to not seem like it was written by 10-year-olds. It's gross to think that it's targeted towards kids in the first place, not only because of its terrible content, but because it's also expensive. And the stories guilt trip you into paying for these "exclusive" choices, which is disgusting when it's supposed to be for people also under 18. This game is actually just gross and I'd never let my kids play it. And it's too childish and dumb to be played by anyone over 18. It does not promote ANY good values at all and it costs money to make your children dumber. Use your money to buy better games..

Adult Written byzhanyi September 15, 2020

Privacy & Safety
Adult Written byMichelle_marna September 13, 2020

10 up

I don't get why everyone's all having a rage about this game it's perfectly fine you just need to stay clear of some stories. Parents out there don't listen to 18 plus there is nothing bad at all

Parent of a 3, 8, and 13-year-old Written byKempFamily July 21, 2020

Disgusting, immoral filth!!!

There’s not an age that this app is “good” for. All it promotes is making lifestyle choices that are immoral. That’s the only purpose. Even the ads that pop up when my kids play approved games should be blocked!!

Adult Written byDeluxegirl June 20, 2020

Unless you wanna waste time and money do not bother!

Honestly, I expected more. In each story you have to use a pass, and once you run out of passes, you don't get anymore until the next day where you only get a few, you don't even get 10. Then they charge these prices for the gems and the passes trying to waste your money. With gems you can unlock new choices or scences, making it tempting to buy gems. Overall the stories are good, though some are short which in my opinion is a waste of a pass. But if you wanna waste your money or you got that type of money to buy the extra 20 passes for 30 dollars,etc. this is the game for you. In addition this game does have things sex and swearing so beware if you are young or have young children

Adult Written byratinggames May 19, 2020

Good app

I think kids can play this game if there is something that is not for kids episode will cover it up and won't show anything inappropriate. I let my kid and she likes I always check what episode she is playing just in case.

Adult Written bySoph_388 May 6, 2020

HONESTLY, WOW

I think this is definitely for older kids, but if tour kid is mature, then I guess parents can see. Keep in mind, that is your kid has downloaded this, and then deleted it so that you don't see it, you can see that. First, go to the app store. Then, search up 'episode' in the search bar. 1. It might be in their search history. 2. when you go to the app download, if there is a cloud, your child has downloaded it already.
Although, also if you see that your child has deleted everything off their phone, maybe they did download it.

Privacy & Safety
Adult Written byparent1372 March 29, 2020

Gross ( this is a kid )

Its extremely inapropriate. They should make a version for kids thats more appropriate. Not all stories are inapropriate tho. Some are just kidnapping stories and whatever. Don't get it until they make a kid version.

Adult Written byArianaxgrande March 23, 2020

Writer portal

Honestly it's a good game but I think that they should put writer portal to create stories for mobile apps back on phones since some people don't know how to create them online such as myself. honestly if you don't want your kid playing this game then tell them not to play it because it's inappropriate or block the game from them. honestly yes it is your job to protect your child but don't ruin a game for other people who enjoy playing games like this and using their imagination to bring things to life in a app. sex teen pregnancies drugs abuse and everything happens in real life too and your children learn about that in school so you can't really keep that away from them in the real world so get the hell over it or teach them about using protection. I know kids that are like 13 and up that are having sex because their parents taught them about protection and they think that it's okay so it's not always apps that are bad it's usually the parents fault for not taking care of their kids properly. but I would really like it if brighter portal will go back one mobile app so you can create stories when mobile apps it was really easier for me that way. please do not listen to other parents complaints. if you don't want your kid knowing about teen pregnancy drug abuse has relationship abuse or anything else then keep their phones away from them or don't give them a phone until they're old enough you're responsible for your child not with people online do not an app stop making an app seem like it's the reason your children are the way they are you are the reason your children are the way they are take better care of your children and stop blaming your own responsibilities on everything else just because you don't feel like watching your kids every move

Adult Written byAtlasBlueJay February 15, 2020

Total scam

I played Episode in its earlier years, before it became a massive cash grab. Every story has great twists, amazing turns of events, choices, and all sort of great content. Except 90% of it is blocked by the outrageous amount of gems required to unlock them all. 15-30 gems for every special option that helps continue the story and give you more to play with, every single part that you play has at least one of these. And it’s extremely upsetting to see how much of a cash-grab it has become. And from all the descriptive details not suited for all ages with no real warnings it’s hard to know what you’re getting into. It shouldn’t be played by anyone under the age of 15.

Adult Written byImafreezin February 14, 2020

Inappropriate ads and content

Really irritated that these highly inappropriate ads show up on kids games - lots of sexualized content targeted at children.

Adult Written byLindaBuckley7382 January 11, 2020

Great game for ages 10+

I play this game as well as my 12 year old. The biggest problem is swearing. People do date and there is kissing. But no sexual themes.

Adult Written byAnother Respons... December 21, 2019

Warning

If you want your child introduced to sexual content, sexual violence, gender fluidity, social manipulation and other adult concepts, then allow them to play this game. Oh, and they’ll be role playing too. Our 8-year-old showed us this app which was targeted to her as an advert while she was playing a harmless kids game. There are no age filters on who they target. I suspect this game is built by the Adult Industry, as an attempt to groom kids into exploring issues of an extreme sexual nature. We have Apple Family Sharing and strict screen controls but this still made it through the net. We have disabled App downloads on all our devices now, forcing us to consider each download. As a parent of three pre-teen daughters I find the fact that this app is even legal, to be a shocking indictment on the adequacy of parental filters.