Parent reviews for Episode -- Choose Your Story

Mature themes, purchases in stories teens read and create.

Adult Written byEveAngeline D. May 30, 2017

The game should be called "Try to Stop Your Character From Making Terrible Mistakes and Fail".

The game glorifies petty teen drama. Your character is prompted to be unkind, and is rewarded (things go better) when she is mean. You don't have a lot of control in the game. While you can choose the outfit your character will make bad decisions in, you cannot usually keep her from making those terrible choices. This makes the game frustrating. The game really wants you to spend money, so "good" choices cost you. The game is a fine time killer and is a fine idea, but it is limited and, in my opinion, promotes unkindness and pettiness. It also is heavy handed with romance and sexuality.

Parent Written byAnna B. November 28, 2017

not recommended for kids under 16

I went on this app the other day. it was on my daughter's phone. She is 12. There were kids smoking cigerettes and this one main character kept trying to "hook" up with all the "hot" chicks at school. In one scene he says: he went to his best friends house and banged his sister all night long. He taught her all he knew. He thinks his friend would be upset with him--but he didn't care. She wanted it--and wanted him. So it was all worth it.
After viewing other scenes, this same character "bad boy" was trying to hook up with other girls on the episode . In one scene a girl wanted help finding her sister who she was babysitting and ran outside her home. HE was in the street, down the block from her. He said he would help her--only if she gave him a favor and provided some pleasurable favors for him to help her. She declined (because i chose this option). If I chose the other option, i am certain they would be doing something inappriate. I am postin this so parents are all AWARE of this app. it is not recommended for kids under 16 or 15. One parent of a 10 year old...said it was a great app. Please look into it again. It is not appropriate for girls or boys at that age.

Parent Written bycynthia s. December 31, 2017

Beware of this app

What seemed like a creative app for my daughter turned into a highly inappropriate adventure in sex, alcohol and even drugs. Terrible app. Definitely not for anyone under 18. No good messages here. Just trash.

Adult Written byrebma97 July 29, 2016

Great concept yet superficial

Episodes has an excellent premise but falls short on storylines. The stories are soap opera-ish and some aspects are pretty superficial (some games encourage you to dress fashionably to help you advance to the story) and it would be nice if most of the stories didn't revolve around romance. Also, I hate how much stuff you have to buy to do more things in the game, and the ads are super annoying. I do love the concept of allowing the player to make their own choices, so that's cool. Violence: Some stories contain violent aspects and characters can fight sometimes (they'll punch each other if they do, though there's no blood). Sex: Most stories revolve around romance. There's innuendo and references to having sex. A few games have your character engaging in sex (the actual act isn't shown but your character is naked, with just two black lines covering their sensitive parts along with their partner). Language: The occasional "h*ll", "d*mn", "a*s", etc. are used. Some games contain strong language like "s-t" or "f-k". Consumerism: You have to sit through three ads before you can play one episode. Also, you need passes to play each episode, and you usually start off with only 3. When you run out, you are encouraged to buy more (or you have to wait 2-3 hours for 3 more). Gems are another thing you can purchase. They're not needed to play the games but there are some things you can only do with gems (like buying outfits and certain choices you can make in the game). Drinking/drugs/smoking: Characters sometimes drink (and occasionally get drunk) and smoke cigarettes.

Adult Written byTi-Anna F. August 8, 2016

Okay storyline

So I decided to try this interactive app before I recommend it for my niece. The first thing I noticed was the cost of things and the lack of opportunity to earn anything to pay these cost. As a gamer you usually get the opportunity to earn game currency. Secondly, the story line is going to do what it wants you to do to keep the drama going. I'm not a drama filled individual so some of the things that happened I would never do. If people want to be boring and honest then they should have the choice. I get that choice with my SIM and I find those games extremely fun. Last but not least, the ads took up more and more time toward the end of the game. It started to get a little annoying. Keep ad times consistent.

Adult Written byDolly S. September 28, 2020

Not suitable for any age

The game is offensive. One day I checked my daughter's phone . She had the game. She is 14 years old. In one scene I saw a man was thrusting a woman. In another scene two people were buying drugs. In another scene a character starts smoking and is having sex. The game has a lot of swearing. The game is also voilent.

Adult Written byAnna Fluharty May 21, 2020

Filled With Lies, Addicting, and Degrades the Dignity of the Human Person

Imagine living in a perfect world where your choices did not have real consequences. You could do anything you wanted regardless of whether it was right and wrong. The dangers of putting this game in the hands of children, or anyone else really, is that it takes the balance out of media usage, it takes the truth out of reality, and acts as if the human person is just an object to be used for the sake of pleasure. I played this game when I was in high school thinking it would be fun, but after just a little time on it, I realized how many lies it contains. It acts as if you can have it all. You can have this life that you always wanted without real responsibilities. As humans, we all share similar hopes, fears, desires and joys. We are sensory creatures longing for the connection of another person. Games like this lie to the user, manipulates them to think that having a handsome partner, a lot of money and the choice to do whatever and whenever you want will make you happy. It can become addicting, making the user lose balance of media and reality in real life. The game presents people as objects of choice, letting the user choose to do certain things that involve risky behaviors just for the dramatic effect or for selfish desires. It is easy for lies like this to be woven into games so easily, especially this one. The reality is that truth exists. Good exists, and when people, especially children, virtually live in a game that pretends there is no consequences to poor decisions, people start to confuse what truth really is in reality.

When I played this game as a teenager, it was fun at first because I could do whatever I wanted. But I knew there was a problem the moment I choose I bad choice. It makes you want to do bad things and encourages you to continue doing that and go deeper. Games like this, that alter the view of reality, are dangerous especially for children.
Adult Written byKaren4thechildren January 31, 2021

COMMUNIST CASH GRAB

THIS APP IS A HORRIBLE WASTE OF MONEY. NOT ONLY IS IT HIGHLY INAPPROPRIATE FOR CHILDREN, WITH MENTIONS OF "WHITE PARTIES" AND DISCRIMINATION AGAINST GAY PEOPLE, IT STEALS YOUR MONEY AFTER YOU PAY TO KISS GIRLS. I JUST WANT TO KISS THE LADIES WITHOUT MY MONEY BEING KIDNAPPED AND THE GAME CRASHING. DO NOT INSTALL THIS APP. IT IS A SCAM

Update: The game did not in fact, take my money, but IT IS STILL A PIECE OF CASH GRAB TRASH!!!!

Update 2: THIS APP IS SUCH A CASH GRAB!!!! YOU MUST PAY GEMS TO ADVANCE THE PLOT. MY CHILD IS CRYING IN HER ROOM BECAUSE SHE HAD TO REJECT THE GIRL OF HER DREAMS.

Update 3: Against my common sense, I once again paid for my child to play this game. Upon payment, not only was the game misleading as to what I was paying for, it crashed immediately after, causing my poor crying daughter to have to re-do all her progress. THIS GAME IS ABSOLUTE TRASH DO NOT INSTALL IT.

Adult Written byorhantoker May 26, 2020

inappropriate for kids

Don't let yor kid to play this game.
Adult Written bystretchagretch May 22, 2020

Not really suitable for anyone

I can tell the game is meant to target younger teens, but the content and stories are too shallow, dramatic and sexualized to be suitable for impressionable younger ones in my opinion. When stories are about sex, drama, dating shows, murder and whatnot, you'd expect the dialogue and content to not seem like it was written by 10-year-olds. It's gross to think that it's targeted towards kids in the first place, not only because of its terrible content, but because it's also expensive. And the stories guilt trip you into paying for these "exclusive" choices, which is disgusting when it's supposed to be for people also under 18. This game is actually just gross and I'd never let my kids play it. And it's too childish and dumb to be played by anyone over 18. It does not promote ANY good values at all and it costs money to make your children dumber. Use your money to buy better games..

Adult Written byNezuko1234 September 26, 2021

eposiodes

let them play it

Adult Written byHi brother and ... July 28, 2021
Adult Written byAnton19 March 27, 2021
It’s okay but.... I can’t tell you yet

Adult Written byheysisters1234 February 14, 2021

NOT FOR KIDS

this game was on my daughters phone, she’s 14. One game, two characters were having sex and it was very inappropriate. they curse, drink, smoke, have sex, talk dirty. One game the boy talked about wanting to bang a hot girl. Shows nudity and only blurs it with two black lines covering their parts

Adult Written bymishi24 January 27, 2021

Best App for story writing

I saw many comment here from parents that this app is sexual and totally non sense for kids, tell me why on the planet your kids are playing on this app? its totally interactive app I found it best for adults and teen over 18, now its parent's responsibility to check their kid's phone

Adult Written byfornite3456 January 27, 2021

good

good

Adult Written byLeon wesseselmann January 20, 2021
Adult Written byrajesh_sydney20 October 11, 2020

No just no

It is just nothing to learn from

Adult Written byzhanyi September 15, 2020

Parent of a 3, 8, and 13-year-old Written byKempFamily July 21, 2020

Disgusting, immoral filth!!!

There’s not an age that this app is “good” for. All it promotes is making lifestyle choices that are immoral. That’s the only purpose. Even the ads that pop up when my kids play approved games should be blocked!!