Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for Final Fantasy XV: A New Empire

Ugly, dull strategy betrays Final Fantasy franchise.

Based on 1 review
Parent Written bySteve S. July 14, 2017

Do Not Download Final Fantasy XV: A New Empire by Machine Zone

Final Fantasy XV: A New Empire is another MZ “Machine Zone” "re-skinned" version of “Game of War” and “Mobile Strike”. MZ’s “Machine Zone’s” previous terrible track record should be reviewed before anyone download. Many parents had huge issues with these games too because they constantly show ads to sell you in app items, kids can easily rack up many charges, this game is the same. Please do some research on the Reddit r/FinalFantasy community before you allow your child or yourself to download this app.

Adult Written byMelanie J. December 31, 2017

Bullies

This game allows the newer empires that are just starting out to be attacked by empires 30 levels higher wiping out everything the have built up to then. There needs to be regulatory controls on only similar or closer levels may attack one another. I quit the game at level 20 when another higher level player actually tried to blackmail me for real money, to get him to stop wiping out my empire. Even parked himself next to my guild to do the same to all of us. When I reported him I was told he had done nothing wrong. Until there is a solution to this I would recommend no one play this game!
Adult Written bykiramo April 6, 2019

Don’t waste your money. This isn’t free

This game is a pay to win game that quickly turns from a pack here and there to several packs at once to unlock one element of the game. It’s addictive, the developers and customer service are useless for getting help when content isn’t delivered, and, despite the low amount of sexuality in the game, the guild conversations are definitely 18+ content wise. Lots of sex, drugs and alcohol references, and think about it the whole point of the game is to burn empires down, banish heroes by execution, and kill people’s troops . Not a place you want your kids.

Ease of Play
Adult Written byshane27 June 25, 2018

False Advertising and Predatory Sales Tactics Through Multi Tier Paywall

I have purchased multiple "Sales" packs for Final Fantasy Mobile App over the past 3 months and continued to be misled and deceived with a "Bait and Switch" at almost every purchase. Each time the sale or advertised product was never 'As Advertised" there are always multiple purchases needed of said sale, even though "sales" advertising language never explained this part, only the marketing and advertising of the non-obtainable benefits through single purchase of a "Sale" There is also a Blind Paywall level up system that makes it impossible for the consumer to make an informed decision about purchases due to the “level up” requirements are only viewable as each new level is obtained. Complicating this further, there is a multi-tier or “ascension” based resource and advanced speed up currency that is purchased, but behind a blind paywall, that changes with no advanced notice to those changes or level up documentation that allows the consumer to plan purchases based on the changes to the level up system. Example Recently purchased 3 packages with no knowledge of diminished returns, due to new currencies and in game resources. I was at Citadel 40, upgrading to 41 as I made the 3 purchases. Due to no ability to know the difference between platinum, gold and new in game resources, I did not receive platinum, something that anyone else buying that very same package would have received at citadel level 41 due to a blind paywall level up system. So I was unable to plan my purchases due to changes the game makes, that are not relayed to the user. Additionally, one person can be charged the same price for a "pack" while getting severely diminished returns than another person who buys the exact same pack, due to "Citadel Level" but this is not laid out in any documentation, making the consumer make incredibly uniformed decisions about purchases. There are multiple BBB complaints on this very issue. Advertising VIP levels 55+ and 65+ with a package of VIP points that do not get you to the level 55+ or 65+ or features advertised without continued multiple purchases of said solo advertised package. (currently at 3:15pm EST on 6/20/18 there is a "15 minute VIP event advertising VIP 70 and 68 with specific features such as Chest slider and EXCLUSIVE march presets) The amount of VIP points in package would hardly get me to level VIP level 55, but that is not mentioned in offer, only that an EXCLUSIVE 15 minute sale for these benefits is "On Sale" Advertising a Mercenary or Monster, in a Sale of the Day, that even though advertising the monster as "obtainable" with package, but, is not due to not enough blueprints are available in the single purchase, without the purchase of multiple said packages. (or previous purchases of equal value) Not to mention, the lack of documentation that additional only purchasable resources have be used to even utilize the troops. Currently Advertised is the Monster Farm "NAGA" on this page is speech about "Laying waste to enemies with NAGA" with no mention that the amount of Blueprints will not even get me to the next level (where NAGA is still not available) but I would have to make multiple purchases to unlock her. There response is there is a blog, on a separate page, that lays out the need to spend more money to get to level 8, which would be around $800 more in purchases. I personally have purchased a package that implied I would be at VIP level 55 (Always on VIP) with not enough points to get the benefits that were advertised - due to the game itself rewards players for holding on to resources for events to get more resources, so as a consumer I had no feasible way to know that the VIP points I had would get me nowhere near VIP 55.

Adult Written byMsCora September 2, 2018

Don't Expose Your Children to the Bullies

The game itself seems to be innocuous at the beginning, except for the constant advertising to spend money. The problem is in the Chats where sexual themes, drugs and bullying behavior is discussed as if it is funny or normal to behave badly. When a player starts to gain Levels and build their Empire the bullying begins in earnest. Players are repeatedly attacked by other players who are so powerful there is no defense. They may be offered membership in a Guild "for protection", but I have seen Guild members who are stronger attack members in their own Guild who are weaker. To refuse to join a Guild can also result in senseless attacks. The game is set up so that the attacks are encouraged by granting points for capturing and banishing Heroes. If the loser can't afford to buy a banishment stone or loyalty points for a shield barrier they become hapless victims. I have seen players brag on the Chat about making people quit the game. This is not a healthy environment for children, and not much fun for adults. If the moderators for the game were more responsible about responding to complaints about this bad behavior this game would be much better.

Adult Written byAndy Durham August 10, 2018

ABUSE AND HARASSMENT .... MZ allows it to happen

This is my first encountered Game from MZ/Epic Action. In honesty I fell for the Final Fantasy brand believing that there would be strong honesty and integrity from a household brand. MZ/ Epic Action are under license by Square Enix who I'm trying to contact to make them fully aware. However... I had been playing the game since it started just over a year ago. I've invested a considerable amount of money with in app purchases. For the last 6 months I've faced serious abuse, harassment, homosexual and underage sexual messages. I've reported every incident and MZ/Epic Action have failed to act and protect lawful users like me. I've used Google Play who have strict policies for companies distributing there games and in-app purchases through Google Play. MZ/Epic Action are in serious breach of the Google terms. Currently under investigation. I've requested a full refund but MZ/Epic Action are refusing to comply with as they do not track players, complaints, and more shocking say they cannot be held accountable even after I pointed out the Google Terms back to them. Sadly the abuser is just one person who boasts over 40 accounts in the realm. All this person does is harass and abuse people all day long and then changes there empires name once they have been reported. Shockingly MZ/Epic Action cannot trace a player after they changed there empires name. This is seriously wrong. A disgraceful company who want your money and to put you in harms way. Avoid Avoid Avoid

Ease of Play
Privacy & Safety
Adult Written byAndreacoones March 7, 2019

Steal your money

This game started off great but with time I've noticed that customer service isn't a thing. A common issue is that when you buy a pack, you don't actually get everything you're supposed to. I've lost a ridiculous amount of hero EXP and resources that I paid for or earned in the game. I click on it to add it and it just disappears. I can not tell you how infuriating that is when you're try to add a million hero EXP only to see it completely disappears!!! I've messaged customer service many times and haven't gotten a single response. I'm not spending another penny on this game and will be blasting it hard until they fix this issue. I'm not the only one they are ignoring and screwing over. It's bull.
Adult Written bysararose94 February 6, 2019

Sham of a game

Complete money pit. No matter what this “free game” entices you with, don’t believe it. They allow anyone who spends enough to violate server agreements. Features don’t work properly. Customer service is a sham.