All parent member reviews for Geocaching

Parent of a 6 and 9 year old Written byjulesfreak July 15, 2013

Great family fun

This is a great geocaching app, and geocaching is a fun family activity. It can simple or complicated as you choose, can get you outdoors and foster teamwork. But an adult should always be present with kids looking for a cache.
Educator and Parent of a 12 and 13 year old Written byMarlamama August 23, 2011

Great FAMILY fun. Enjoy WITH your kids, only.

This is great fun for the FAMILY! Do not let kids geocache alone! Our family has spent many happy hours tracking down caches, putting in new and exciting things to find, and helping send special "geo-tags" to other parts of the country. This app is helpful, but my husband still prefers to plan long treks by consulting the geocache website and plotting out an adventure.
Parent Written byrosellophoto August 9, 2013

Scavenger Hunt and Smartphones? Awesome!

Given all the technology and easy access to information - it's imperative that we guide our children (even at a young age) on the positive role technology can be in life. It's not an "electronic babysitter" or just about playing video games. Instead Geo-caching teaches them ways to use all that technology for a good cause! I love the fact that this helps them use their innate desire to be inquirers and risk-takers. Geo-caching fun also quenches their thirst for knowledge and you can do it together!!! Fully immerse yourselves in this great family fun opportunit! By finding these 'treasures' (big or small) gives any child that personal victory which = a priceless gift: reaping rewards such as: self-confidence, self esteem, positive attitude and teamwork. What a great, fun way to interact with each other and has such a wonderful educational aspect to it. I've used my smartphone while going on nature walks with my family to research something - but this idea?? Brilliant I say!! What a winning combo...Thanks so much for the recommendation!!