Kid reviews for Identity V

Identity V Poster Image

highly recommended

The gameplay itself is family friendly and has a little violence (hunters hitting survivors) but no gore at all. The character stories feature sensitive topics like death of loved ones, murder, drugs(perfumer's "euphoria") ect. but they're usually hard to understand (you have to look them up to understand the full story). The public chats and some usernames can be really inappropriate(idk how to spell that lol eng isn't my first language) and really toxic at times so i'd recommend younger kids to stay away from most chats that aren't in the match. There are in-app purchases but they aren't forced so you can play the game for free. In my opinion, it's a well-made, fun game (unless you have a bad internet connection x_x) but there are lots of imbalances that can make the game seem survivor sided (i've heard they're trying to fix that though). The tutorial doesn't explain everything so it's best to learn through experience :)

Pretty Fun

Its really fun, the beginning does have some curse words, the two i noticed were b*ullsh*t and f*ck. Thats all, its fun and scary. Good if youre looking for a horror game.

Amazing Game!

Amazing game!!!! The graphics the animations were great. I met a lot of great friends there :D Kids at the age of 8 or higher can totally play the game. It was SUPPOSED to be a horror game but it was really not that scary. When you play survivor you just ket chased by a person bigger than you. Nothing scary. When you play hunter you chase people and put them on those funny rocket chair, it contained tiny bit of violent but it was definetly fine to little kids. No need to feel bad for your kids to play it!

A great game - but be cautious!

Identity V, in itself, is not an inherently inappropriate game. In the main quick match part of the game, you work with others (teamwork) to escape the hunter if you are a survivor. If you play as the hunter, you try to catch the survivors and prevent them from escaping. There isn't any sort of blood or anything violent in that sort of sense. I'd recommend the game to young (mature) teens and above. If you're an adult seeing if they game is appropriate for your kid, IDV is, but there are some sensitive topics I'll discuss you may want to take note of. There are in-app purchases for currency called Echoes which can be used to buy things. You don't need them to get things in game, though; you can use Logic Points and Fragments which are totally free. The game does not try to show Echoes down your brain and are actually pretty good at letting you buy things in-game without any purchases. It should be noted the "essences" you open to get cosmetics and in-game items could be seen as "gambling" but it's just a standard gacha system featured in other games such as Genshin Impact. It's not bad but you should be aware that if you are an adult, your kid may want money to get something from one of these, and often they can be quite pricey! There is a chat system - a global chat, chat with friends, chat with people in your matches, etc. This is one part of the game you should be wary about if you want your experience to be appropriate. While usually the chats are pretty harmless, in the global chat in particular, there are sometimes conversations about unpleasant topics. These are not limited to sex/suggestive topics, racist/homophobic ideas and some slurs, bullying, etc. Of course, this does not represent all of the fanbase and you can block people and report them, but the chat is one of, if not the most toxic and most inappropriate part of the game itself. I would recommend just staying out of it and ignoring it. As a player who goes in the chats a lot myself, they don't really seem to bother me. This is why I'd recommend that players are mature to some degree. Another sort of questionable area are the backstories and the lore of the characters, survivors in particular. The survivors and hunters have their own backstories, and they aren't all sunshine and daisies. Some of them cover topics such as deaths of loved ones, violence, etc. These topics can be sort of serious and uncomfortable for some, but in general, I don't believe them to be bad. If you triggered by anything they could be unpleasant, but for an average person they shouldn't be too bad (sometimes it's even hard to figure out what's happening in their backstory without searching a proper explanation on it). Another important part is character designs. Some of the hunter designs, although relatively tame all around, and be unsettling to some people. The game is meant to be a sort of horror game so this should be expected. None of the hunter designs are too bad, but if you're sensitive, they may make you uncomfortable. Overall, I'm a big fan of Identity V and I think it's great for a wide variety of people. The game and mechanics are easy to learn and easy for all ages to play, my rating is just higher due to some of the sensitive topics it has. Of course, whether this game for you or not is totally up to your own opinion and you shouldn't just take my word for it. The game has a great and creative community and cast of characters, and I would highly recommend this game to others.

Fantastic, but be a bit cautious

I love Identity V and have been playing since last September. It’s not really scary and not the most challenging either, so younger kids would be able to play it just fine. The storyline, on the other hand, has much more adult themes, such as stalkers, cheating wives, hitmen, murder, etc. All of that is not including character backstories, which I’m mostly concerned about. Your kids might not understand it if they’re not researching the characters but it’s definitely notable. The character backstories include things such as murder, identity theft, racism, arson, stalkers, war, self harm, lost loved ones, ableism, discrimination, dying of illness, shock therapy, and many other crimes/horrific events. There’s no way to keep your kids from interaction with online players, who are mostly 13-19 year old teens, so your child will see inappropriate or controversial messages constantly. Overall, I’m sure it will be fine and you will have lots of fun playing, kiting, decoding, and hunting. I would highly recommend!!

Fun strategy game

Identity V is a lot of fun! Though there are chat & voice message systems in place (which could concern parents of young children) they're tedious to use and relatively easy to avoid, as well as being heavily censored to be more friendly towards the game's younger players. It's important to note that this is a gacha game, and there's a pay-to-win luck system with costumes (some limited) in seasonal or crossover essences. Though these essences can be earned for free through the logic path (which can be advanced through simply by playing the game), droprates for high-tier items are low and it could tempt players to spend money in order to pull for items they want. The game itself is free to play, and all characters are unlockable through saving clues (found on the logic path) or just outright buying them. No actual gameplay aspect is dependent on money, and you can get the full experience at no cost. While there is violence, it's honestly pretty minimal. Hunters hit survivors, but that's the essentially as far as it goes, seeing as there's no gore and no explicit death. When caught by the hunter, survivors are brought to & strapped into rocket chairs, which fly off and eliminate the survivor from the game when their timer runs out. The game does have some horror elements and some of the hunter designs might freak out younger kids (Smiley, Soul Weaver, Ripper, etc), but it definitely doesn't classify as outright scary (rather, more Coraline-esque). The tutorial is definitely lacking and a vast majority of the game's strategy will be learned through community teaching & experience rather than the game actually telling you, which can be an issue for newer players as they advance through the ranking system. While the game itself isn't exactly easy to play, it's far from impossible to learn. Regardless of faction (hunter or survivor), players will benefit from quick reflexes, communication skills, critical thinking and teamwork. The gameplay on its own has its appeal for its younger fanbase, but the character lore and backstories are also unlockable and available for Identity V's older audience, allowing for a broad range of players with differing interests.

My Brother love this game!

My brother, Johnathan loves this game. He has all of the identity v dolls at home, and he loves the costumes of the characters, and one birthday party he went as a identity v character. He also throw a Identity V themed party and we all have to go as the characters in the game. My brother loved this game!

Fun Game!

This game is the best! It is so fun! There is some Violence, but only survivors getting attached to rockets and stuff like that. No sexual references. Gameplay is hard, but because of coordination, good reflexes, strategy, and more are required for success, therefore, it can also train kids with all of that. Some cheap scares, but nothing too much. If your kid is brave, they could probably handle this game by the age of six or seven.

It’s a cool game

I really like this game. It’s like dead by daylight BUT there’s no gore and it’s almost completely free to play. The game is free. You can spend money if you want but it’s a little bit complicated. The violence is milid but the button eyes and the hunters might scare some kids. It’s a little complex so it depends on who’s playing. It has some story elements. I think you can get almost anything in this game for free.

One of the best mobile games out there, however...

This game is fun when you're a new player. It's even more worth your time when you are playing with friends/family. Unfortunately, the community in this game is brutal. I've been playing for more than a year (I started a few weeks after its release in July 2018) so I know how it's like. If you're a competitive person, please do not threaten others for not being "perfect." As of now, there are high tiers being extremely mean towards one another and there is also cheating going on with a famous clan. The balance is pretty bad in this game but what do you expect from an asymmetrical game? I suggest playing both hunter and survivor. Just maining one faction will not make you better at the game and it will make you look very entitled once you start saying, "Camper = REPORT." Start this game with a positive attitude and end it with a smile. Another thing I want to share is how small the player base is in the Na-Eu server. Updates will almost always be on Wednesday and we get things a week after the Chinese server. So the Chinese server has the most populated players, it's very famous in Asia. I don't know why the developers don't promote the game here in the states. Pretty ignorant if you ask me. Just know that the Na-Eu and Asia (Asia server is separate from the Chinese server) servers do not have everything like the Chinese server does. Don't complain about dumb stuff unless it's an Enchantress or Priestess, those two are mistake characters. They ruined the game experience. Haha, but in all seriousness, I just hope anyone trying to download this game will have fun. This game is worth it but I'd say to not play it everyday, it'll ruin you mentally and physically unless you can manage well. So have a great time.