Kid reviews for Pokémon GO

Exciting, active game marred by privacy and safety issues.

Kid, 12 years old July 12, 2016

Only for city people

I live In a small town in Michigan and it wants me to go to Detroit

Kid, 12 years old August 20, 2016

Pokemon Go: Not as good as other apps, but fine

Pokemon Go is an alright app, but not as good as many others. It basically involves going in the real world and catching Pokemon. Fun, right? Wrong! While it was fun the first day, but it eventually becomes angering once you run out of Poke-Balls, or, due to a recent update, have the Pokemon escape way too much. By the fifth level, you getting to join a Team, which have become a Meme ABOMINATION! There are three teams: Team Mystic, the one I am on, which is most often said to be the best, so is basically considered "The Good Guys". Then, there is Team Mystic, which according to some memes, they get up at 3:00 AM to catch gyms and when it is burning hot outside, yet, despite all their struggle, are most often considered "The Bad Guys". Then there is Team Instinct, who did not get many members and received SO much flak from the fan base, comparing Team Instinct to neanderthals, inhuman species, and idiots, and what did Team Instinct ever do to them? Yeah, this time around, I have too much to say about the Game-Play. Well, okay, I guess I can do content now. Violence: There are Pokemon gym battles (which by the way, Team Instinct does not tend to win much, thus creating more memes of them being compared to morons, which are completely rude), and your Pokemon attack each other, which can end up killing them. However, there is an item, Revive, this plumb bob which allows you to resurrect your Pokemon after they died. Additionally, there are Potions, for if your Pokemon were not killed but wounded. Pokemon Go is just fine, it is not as good as Miitomo, and this is coming from somebody who does not have a Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram. While Pokemon Go may be fun in the first hours or so, but eventually, you will get incredibly peed off once you run out of the teeny steel balls, because then you have to buy Poke-Coins to buy more, which in turn cost REAL money. Not to mention all the issues that people seem to be facing. Getting robbed, going to unsafe areas, finding a dead corpse, falling off a cliff, the new update that makes it much harder, your phone alerting you when it is just another dumb Ratatta, not being able to incubate an egg because you are in a car, the list goes on. So over all, Pokemon Go is fun sometimes, but really angering, unsafe, and more at some points. Besides, nobody seems to notice this is NOT a Nintendo game; this is made by some other company, Niantic Incorparated.

Kid, 0 years old July 16, 2016

Don't see what's wrong with this game.

I've now played 'Pokemon GO' for several hours and cannot say what I think is wrong with it. When parents say that this game is dangerous, they are wrong. When you start up the game for the first time, it literally specifically tells you to be aware of your surroundings and keep your head up. I've thoroughly enjoyed catching Pokemon and have been walking around a fair amount. Would advise that you supervise your child while playing though. Kids can be stupid. Meaning that I can be stupid as well. Which is true :)
Teen, 15 years old Written bywizardortitan July 17, 2016

Amazing game is bringing people together!

Not only is the game very simple, fun and kid-friendly, it's helping people make friends, get more exercise, and even learn more about history. I've heard about kids/teens visiting monuments and museums they never would have before because they could hit it as a Pokestop outside. My whole family enjoys playing. Highly recommended!
Teen, 13 years old Written bySharkfinn July 29, 2016

Great Game!

This is a great game! And it isn't dangerous if you aren't stupid. There are a few glitches, and sometimes I can't sign in. But overall, it's a great game, and has encouraged me to get lots of exercise!

Kid, 12 years old July 31, 2016

Pokémon Go is one of those instances where you really have to know your child.

Everyone has heard of the extreme international craze which is Pokémon Go. You can capture Pokémon in your neighbourhood for free. It can be great fun, but there is a catch. This game is designed for the iPhone, so if your child has an iPod or iPad with no Cellular Data, they have a very limited space to capture Pokémon. Also, Pokémon go is best for big cities, not small towns, as there is much more of a wide selection of Pokémon in New York than, say, a little village in Texas. Violence isn't much of a concern, as it is just Pokémon attacking each other. They can also faint, but never die. There is overwhelming safety and privacy concerns. For one, there is an item you can collect in the game where it lures Pokémon to that location, which can be used to mug people of their phones. Also, if you are constantly looking down at your cell phone screen, you could most certainly be hit by an approaching vehicle. But if your child knows how to use this app safely, I would say sure, give it a go! If it isn't constantly glitching (another common problem that occurs), it is very fun and also, yes, very addicting. I'm certainly not opposed against the game or anything, but this just isn't for me.

Kid, 9 years old July 24, 2016

BEST APP EVER!

THIS IS THE BEST APP EVER IMO!!! It encoureges kids to go outside and play but be careful of your surroundings.

Teen, 13 years old Written byGOA July 23, 2016

Great game, not for little kids

It good and all but I think you should be a bit old to play just because you need to be mature enough to know not to go into a dark alley for an in game pocket monster (Pokemon as they call it in the game) and if you do decide to let your child play, then please becarefull out there and BE AWARE OF YOUR SURROUNDINGS and basically use common sense Edit: Players of this game have been asaulted, have been caught entering private proprety, been hit by a bus or car, injured by accidents such like tripping and running into walls (which can cost you if your phone breaks or need medical attention) also terms of privacy of this game allows them to use all you google accounts so if the developers were hacked, hackers would have acces to you gmail, youtube ect...

Kid, 12 years old July 15, 2016

Pathetic, glitchy and not fun

This game is horrible it is aimed toward people 2-4 years of age, and maybe that would appeal to them but to me this game sucks. If you don't live in the city it has no use to you, as you only ever fund them in the city. This is the most glitchy game I've ever played I tried to get it to work for at least 2 hours an still didn't work.
Kid, 12 years old July 19, 2016

Great, but walk with caution!

Personally I love Pokemon Go, it'll get your kids outside and walking around to catch Pokemon. I am honestly not out of shape but I love getting the exercise whenever I go outside so it's a great game if you have a kid who is slightly unfit or you think needs to get out of the house a bit more. Some people complain that it is unsafe because some people complain that people are getting hurt because they are not aware of their surroundings, but in my opinion it's the people not the apps that are causing these things to happen. To prevent your kid from getting hurt always remind them to be aware of their surroundings and to know where they are going. If your heat goes out to play Pokemon go I suggest either going with them or asking them where they are going to look for Pokemon at. there are in-app purchases so be aware of that but it is not a pay to win and you there are in-app purchases so be aware of that but it is not a pay to win, and your child can still have a lot of fun without paying a dime. If you're news at the Pokemon series just to be safe you might want to research it a bit, but I advise that you don't take the capturing Animals part too seriously.

Kid, 9 years old August 27, 2016

There is pretty much nothing bad in it!

Kid, 8 years old August 19, 2016

Pokémon Go is fun

This game is just...WOW! The only problem is it needs to let you play offline :3

Kid, 11 years old July 16, 2016

PARENTS BEWARE

You have probably heard about this game. It's fun, ridiculously addicting and everyone has it. And I admit it's a fun game. But before you download this game, please read this for your safety. Pokemon go collects personal info. Also kids have gotten robbed, kidnapped and lost because of the fact you have to wander around and catch " Pokemon". And kids who's parents who actually right about the fact this game isn't safe and made fun of. Trainers around you can see where you are and live. I could go on and on about how bad Pokemon go is but I'm gonna stop here. DONT GET THIS GAME

Teen, 13 years old Written byAStupidNoob September 6, 2016

Flawed by society

This game is a standard pokemon game crossed with a geocaching game. You walk around the world to find and catch pokemon. There are IAPs, but no in-app purchases are forced and you can't pay to skip main parts of the game or have a significant advantage over others. However, make sure anyone using this app is trustable to go outside on their own, and if not, make sure an adult is supervising. Bad-intentioned people have used this app to rob people and careless people have been injured badly. However, no one has died from playing Pokemon GO at the time of reviewing.

Teen, 13 years old Written byHeyo_Simba October 27, 2016

Pokemon go!!!

Could be dangerous if a Pokemon is in the road. TELL YOUR KIDS TO PAY ATTENTION WHEN PLAYING THIS GAME. IF YOUR KIDS CANNOT PAY ATTENTION, THEN DO NOT LET THEM PLAY IT!!!!!!!!!

Teen, 13 years old Written byAverageJake July 18, 2016

Dangerous, but Fun!

Pokemon GO is a fun game, that is actually good for people that know how to use it. It gets teens go actually want to go outside. The problems with the game is its privacy and safety concerns. Two people have fallen off of cliffs. A guy has crashed into a tree. T-Mobile is offering free data to players. Person finds dead body. Kids are getting kidnapped. Person gets stabbed, but keeps playing Pokemon GO despite the pain. Man quits job to play Pokemon GO full time. And know celebrities are playing. The game is causing a lot more problems and controversial topics than it is any good.

Kid, 6 years old October 20, 2017

Awesome and cool

The app is the best app I've ever played but it is a easy way of getting your child lost.

Teen, 13 years old Written byPhilosoraptor July 19, 2016

Not for everyone

First off, this game isn't for everyone. Not everyone can play it or enjoy it. This is because this game is mostly only convenient for people who live in town, or near commonly used facilities (for example, a college university). I have a friend who loves this game, but she's bummed because she has to drive out to a public skateboard park to enjoy the game. The reason I say it's for ages 16 and up is, not because it's inappropriate, but because it's designed more for people who don't have to rely on others for transportation. 16 year olds can drive themselves around to play the game, instead of bothering reluctant parents to take them places. However, parent supervision is still recommended for 16 year olds, especially if you look 2-3 years younger than you really are, making you look more like a target for robbers. And keep in mind that this game has access to your emails, and other players or the people who control the game, can track where you are, which is something to look out for. Other than that, it's a great way to get outdoors, because not every kid wants to leave the comfort of their AC homes just to breathe fresh air.

Teen, 14 years old Written byOIiver September 16, 2017

Teen, 13 years old Written bylukesluck September 1, 2016

Best app ever

Whether you play this game with your family or with friends or when you're playing by yourself this game IS A BLAST. If your kids are below 8 then you should play with them. But if your kids have any sense they should be fine. This game also is very simple. You go around catching amazing different creatures. If you don't understand something in the game there are PLENTY of places to go to get tips on the game. Like reddit, youtube(trainer tips) and many more. In conclusion everyone should play this game. I've had the game for a month and have walked 140 kilometers, and have met a lot of new people.