Kid reviews for Pokémon GO

Exciting, active game marred by privacy and safety issues.

Kid, 12 years old July 12, 2016

Only for city people

I live In a small town in Michigan and it wants me to go to Detroit

Kid, 12 years old August 20, 2016

Pokemon Go: Not as good as other apps, but fine

Pokemon Go is an alright app, but not as good as many others. It basically involves going in the real world and catching Pokemon. Fun, right? Wrong! While it was fun the first day, but it eventually becomes angering once you run out of Poke-Balls, or, due to a recent update, have the Pokemon escape way too much. By the fifth level, you getting to join a Team, which have become a Meme ABOMINATION! There are three teams: Team Mystic, the one I am on, which is most often said to be the best, so is basically considered "The Good Guys". Then, there is Team Mystic, which according to some memes, they get up at 3:00 AM to catch gyms and when it is burning hot outside, yet, despite all their struggle, are most often considered "The Bad Guys". Then there is Team Instinct, who did not get many members and received SO much flak from the fan base, comparing Team Instinct to neanderthals, inhuman species, and idiots, and what did Team Instinct ever do to them? Yeah, this time around, I have too much to say about the Game-Play. Well, okay, I guess I can do content now.

Violence: There are Pokemon gym battles (which by the way, Team Instinct does not tend to win much, thus creating more memes of them being compared to morons, which are completely rude), and your Pokemon attack each other, which can end up killing them. However, there is an item, Revive, this plumb bob which allows you to resurrect your Pokemon after they died. Additionally, there are Potions, for if your Pokemon were not killed but wounded.

Pokemon Go is just fine, it is not as good as Miitomo, and this is coming from somebody who does not have a Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram. While Pokemon Go may be fun in the first hours or so, but eventually, you will get incredibly peed off once you run out of the teeny steel balls, because then you have to buy Poke-Coins to buy more, which in turn cost REAL money. Not to mention all the issues that people seem to be facing. Getting robbed, going to unsafe areas, finding a dead corpse, falling off a cliff, the new update that makes it much harder, your phone alerting you when it is just another dumb Ratatta, not being able to incubate an egg because you are in a car, the list goes on. So over all, Pokemon Go is fun sometimes, but really angering, unsafe, and more at some points. Besides, nobody seems to notice this is NOT a Nintendo game; this is made by some other company, Niantic Incorparated.

Kid, 12 years old July 31, 2016

Pokémon Go is one of those instances where you really have to know your child.

Everyone has heard of the extreme international craze which is Pokémon Go. You can capture Pokémon in your neighbourhood for free. It can be great fun, but there is a catch. This game is designed for the iPhone, so if your child has an iPod or iPad with no Cellular Data, they have a very limited space to capture Pokémon. Also, Pokémon go is best for big cities, not small towns, as there is much more of a wide selection of Pokémon in New York than, say, a little village in Texas. Violence isn't much of a concern, as it is just Pokémon attacking each other. They can also faint, but never die. There is overwhelming safety and privacy concerns. For one, there is an item you can collect in the game where it lures Pokémon to that location, which can be used to mug people of their phones. Also, if you are constantly looking down at your cell phone screen, you could most certainly be hit by an approaching vehicle. But if your child knows how to use this app safely, I would say sure, give it a go! If it isn't constantly glitching (another common problem that occurs), it is very fun and also, yes, very addicting. I'm certainly not opposed against the game or anything, but this just isn't for me.

Kid, 12 years old July 15, 2016

Pathetic, glitchy and not fun

This game is horrible it is aimed toward people 2-4 years of age, and maybe that would appeal to them but to me this game sucks. If you don't live in the city it has no use to you, as you only ever fund them in the city. This is the most glitchy game I've ever played I tried to get it to work for at least 2 hours an still didn't work.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMudkipLover1337 August 30, 2019

You do have to be 13+ to play otherwise make a Niantic kids account

This game is very great, but I do agree with CSM's 13+ age rating because you have to be a teen to play Pokémon GO. Otherwise, yu can make a Niantic kid's account if you do have a parent with you.

Teen, 13 years old Written byHalePlaysPokemonGo April 22, 2019

Playing since it came out, best game I've seen ever.

I have been playing since it came out. I grew up with Pokemon and always dreamed of having my own. This game is realistic and keeps kids going to the outdoors and hanging out with friends who also play. Before you get your child the game, make sure they understand that they need to be safe when playing, teach they road rules and things that can help them. It's good for kids of all ages and even parents enjoy it too. My dad and I always talk about Pokemon and how incredible it is. Best game out there.
Kid, 10 years old April 5, 2018

Great game but BE CAREFUL!

I love this game, but you should be careful of your surroundings, and you should treat others with respect while playing the game eg. not sitting on someone's fence catching a pokemon, using a pokestop at a memorial while its in use or entering private property.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAverageJake July 18, 2016

Dangerous, but Fun!

Pokemon GO is a fun game, that is actually good for people that know how to use it. It gets teens go actually want to go outside. The problems with the game is its privacy and safety concerns. Two people have fallen off of cliffs. A guy has crashed into a tree. T-Mobile is offering free data to players. Person finds dead body. Kids are getting kidnapped. Person gets stabbed, but keeps playing Pokemon GO despite the pain. Man quits job to play Pokemon GO full time. And know celebrities are playing. The game is causing a lot more problems and controversial topics than it is any good.

Teen, 13 years old Written byGalladeboi928 August 2, 2020

What i think they should add

Its a great game, honestly... but heres a few pokemon i think they should add. 1:hatterene + evolution line. 2: lunala + solgeleo. 3: hoopa. And finally, diancie. Also, i would really like it if they did another ralts community day... and at the same time 2x the candy for catching pokemon. Other than that, i wouldn't change a thing
Teen, 13 years old Written byS_Crosby87 July 22, 2020

Great App!

As long as you don’t get too addicted, this app is so fun! Me and my younger brother play in all the time! Just make sure if your children are playing this while walking around town, to look up from their device when crossing roads. Seriously. Just be responsible.
Kid, 11 years old June 8, 2020

Fun Pokemon Game

This game is a real world Pokemon game. That means you have to go places to catch Pokemon (in random places), collect items at Pokestops (Statues, fountains, etc) and fight at gyms (same kinds of places a Pokestop would be at). Many places are away from roads, so you have to walk there. And by doing so, get exercise. However, bad people can place "lures" on Pokestops, which attract Pokemon there, which attract people who can then be mugged by the bad person. But if you walk around safe areas like a park, you can have loads of Pokemon fun with this game. You can battle your friends at gyms, find Pokemon and catch them, and much more. There's also a bit of consumerism, but just don't buy that. Try it. It's a great game.

Teen, 15 years old Written byEeveeKido April 27, 2020

Good for everyone!

As long as younger kids are supervised by parents, this game is a fun family game, many false things have been said about the game, no one can see where you are real time, however! People can see how long ago you placed a Pokémon in a gym, and if you placed a lure at a pokestop other people can see it as well, Also, the only interaction with strangers are at raids, tho they are important to progressing through the game, play it safe and don’t go to any gyms in dark places at night to play it safe, however raids stop appearing every night from 8PM-6AM the next day, this game also has in app purchases, this game can be safe and enjoyable as long as your smart and play it safe, the game also reminds you to be safe.

Kid, 8 years old November 23, 2019

Privacy and safety concerns

adictive

Kid, 8 years old November 7, 2019

Takes control of your life and your mind

Takes control of life & mind forces you to pay money

Teen, 14 years old Written bySHADOWvampire October 29, 2019

The Reality Game

Honestly I love this game! You find Pokemon out in the wild then you can put them in gyms to earn coins or fight other Pokemon. If there is a legendary Pokemon you want to get all you have to do is a road battle. Now you can have friends and trade and battle with them too! This game is awesome. The only issue for me is it is glitchy and it gets a little boring after awhile. But overall it is a great game. Minecraft is better though.

Teen, 13 years old Written byBananaGoat October 11, 2019

Fun

This game is a game like Ingress, where it prompts you to walk places. You get rewards from walking (hatching eggs, gifts, etc). It’s really fun to play. The only thing I would change about it is that to complete some of the quests, you have to make friends on the game. They do this to get you to advertise the game to your friends in real life to get them to join, and I wish they wouldn’t do this. It just gets annoying. Also, some of the things are hard to find and you may find yourself searching for a few minutes.

Teen, 15 years old Written by15bailem October 2, 2019

pokemon dont bother

I think it is dangerous as while catching them trespassing incidents have occurred for example: someone died as they tried catching Pikachu and fell off a cliff and died

Kid, 11 years old March 9, 2019

Addictive

Its a little addictive

Teen, 14 years old Written byXD666 September 9, 2018

WARNING REALLY DANGEROUS ⚠️⚠️⚠️

One day I was Youtube watching Battle For Dream Island when my neighbor told me about Pokémon Go and the lives it took. People ignore warnings. Some got hit by cars and the song is even worse. I would rather play Fortnite and watch Movies like Spiderman/ Peter Pan/ Secret Life Of Pets and Incredibles 2
1/5
Last sentence: BAN THIS GAME x10

Kid, 11 years old June 23, 2018

Meh

My parents play this more than they pay attention to me and my brother. Parents, spend time with your children. If I played it, I may like it, but I don't because I think it practically took away my parents.