All teen and kid member reviews for Temple Run: Brave

Teen, 13 years old Written bySomeoneYouDon'tKnow July 6, 2012

Very fun, but not quite as good as the first

When I found out this app cost $.99, I was non-plussed, considering that the first Temple Run game was free. But my mother got it anyway, mainly on impulse since the first game was so fun for the whole family. The cost of the game was partially compensated by the $2,500 spending money you get at the beginning of the game, so that was nice. But when I first started the game, it was actually quite difficult. The screen is more tinted than it was in the first game, so sometimes I couldn't see a cliff in time to keep from falling off. Also, the targets were partially hidden by the bushes, so they were hard to shoot at. But I eventually mastered it. It has been fun, although I must say it's not quite as well-rounded as the first game, in terms of controls and lighting. But it was still very fun. Like the first game, there is some vioence and a few privacy issues, and also there is some product placement for the movie Brave. Nonetheless, it will probably appeal to fans of the first Temple Run.
Kid, 11 years old June 22, 2012

Same Ol' Thing

I enjoyed the original Temple Run very much. When I heard that they would do it for a good Pixar movie with a bear in it, I got excited. I got it as soon as I could. I was overall disappointed. It only has the setting of Brave, the bear in Brave instead of the classic Temple Run monkeys, and the main character in Brave instead of the original Temple Run characters. The graphics are flawed and the sound sounds weird. I also saw people report crashes, bugs, and glitches on their devices. This game is the same thing as the original except of the arrow bonus moves. Now for the parental review. There is a bear chasing the main character and when you lose, there is some scary imagery. This game is promoting the new movie Brave and you can pay for bonus stuff. Also be aware that the film has a huge marketing campaign. There are some concerns about privacy. You can create a Game Cemter account and request friends. Your friends can see your name. This game is not intended for learning, just to promote and make money. This game is $0.99. What I say: It's not worth it.
Kid, 8 years old August 22, 2012

Situations

It help you deal with real life situations. My brother plays it. He's four.