Kid reviews for Whisper - Share, Express, Meet

Private, often iffy, thoughts go public on anonymous app.

Teen, 13 years old Written byilovestarbucks456 July 19, 2016

Whisper is NOT FOR KIDS.

This app is not for kids. There is a ton of sexual content and things like suicide, self-harm, and drugs. I know this because I have a friend who was caught on Whisper by her mom. She took her phone away and uninstalled Whisper. If you're struggling with these kinds of things, I'd suggest talking to a friend or trusted adult.

Ease of Play
Teen, 14 years old Written bygbooch June 22, 2016

Good for expression and advice

this app is very good for letting people weigh in on a choice or something you've been thinking about. on the other hand, this app does have some references to drugs, drinking and sex.

Ease of Play
Teen, 15 years old Written byRoseBlacksmith March 28, 2018

You really shouldn’t download it

First off, NOT for kids. Maybe not even teens.. The site while good for saying anonymous things that you want to get off your chest, it’s another typical teen chatting app. There’s a lot of arguments (like someone saying they’re gay and a person replies with some homophobia stuff), fights, lots of people send bad pictures and if you’re a girl it’s particularly dangerous. It was featured on the news once so that pretty much clarified to stay away from it. I installed it after having some issues with people there and downloaded a different app called Vent, it’s almost the same concept but no pictures and you can say how your mood is (some cost a subscription). All in all, STAY AWAY from Whisper!