Want personalized picks that fit your family?
Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.
A Big Guy Took My Ball!
A lot or a little?
The parents' guide to what's in this book.
What parents need to know
- Parents say
- Kids say
There aren't any reviews yet. Be the first to review this title.
What's the story?
Is it any good?
Talk to your kids about ...
- Families can talk about how Piggie and Gerard's assumptions lead them to misunderstand the situation. How could they have avoided all this turmoil?
- When Gerard hears Piggie's tearful tale, he gets angry and prepares to confront the big guy who took the ball. What else could he and Piggy have done?
- Piggie and Gerard realize the situation looks completely different from the whale's perspective. Parents can talk with children about empathy and considering someone else's point of view.
- Author: Mo Willems
- Illustrator: Mo Willems
- Genre: Friendship
- Topics: Friendship, Ocean Creatures, Wild Animals
- Book type: Fiction
- Publisher: Disney-Hyperion
- Publication date: May 21, 2013
- Publisher's recommended age(s): 6 - 8
- Number of pages: 64
- Available on: Paperback, Hardback
- Award: ALA Best and Notable Books
Themes & Topics
Browse titles with similar subject matter.
For kids who love humor and animal stories
Our editors recommend
Top advice and articles
Common Sense Media's unbiased ratings are created by expert reviewers and aren't influenced by the product's creators or by any of our funders, affiliates, or partners.