Kid reviews for A Court of Wings and Ruin: A Court of Thorns and Roses, Book 3

Gore, sex, epic battle against evil in twisty faery tale.

Based on 1 review

Teen, 13 years old Written byJadePotato3 June 10, 2017
Teen, 13 years old Written bySmolBatNumber46 August 18, 2017

Sarah J. Maas at her best!!! A must read for older kids and all fantasy loving adults!

This was a fantastic wrap to one of my favorite series of all time! Along with that, the cover is so cool! Well... on to the review. It has some older topics like descriptive sex and violence, so it isn't a book for younger kids, though I won't say a definate no. If you have an extremly mature 13 year old who knows a lot about sex and violence, go right a head and read it, though for immature kids, wait until their a bit older and more mature. There is descriptive sex scenes in this book and some mentions to having a one night stand, sexuality (gay and lesbian characters), and a fight between Feyre's current lover and mate and he ex lover. It gets kind of nasty. (Tamlin just shut up please!) As for the violence, there is a war in this book. It describes torture, and hints that Hyburn's soldiers rape women they capture. There are a few battles described. Though it does have a lot of violence and sex, there are also some good role modles. Feyre and her mate display a great example of an equal relationship. Rhysand is extremly selfless and makes desisions that are not good for himself, but good for the greater good. Even though Lucien loves Elain, he gives her the space she needs to get over her fiance. This is definently one of my favorite series, along with Throne of Glass (Rowaeiln!!!) Sarah J. Maas is an amazing writer. Thanks for reading (sorry about any spelling errors!

Teen, 14 years old Written byRadiamond008 August 29, 2017
Please do not read this series. As a 14 year old I can say that this book is extremely inappropriate.

Teen, 15 years old Written byRk310 August 22, 2017

An amazing creation

from the first book a court of thorn and roses the story felt like beauty and the beast with captivating twists and turns as they fight for their lives. the deception and the lies sown into the love, freindship and trust really makes this book a wonderful example of life itself with the hint of the otherworldly magic, castles, lords, and fighting. A great book for anyone willing to deal with the more sexual and violent bits of the story.

Kid, 12 years old December 21, 2017

The best book in the series yet

This book really is a piece of art. We all know... there's lots of sex, but really? If your kid wants to read this book, just let them. Maybe they'll learn a few things they don't already know *evil grin*

Teen, 15 years old Written byalways7snape August 26, 2018

WONDERFUL CHARACTERS AND PLOT- CONTAINS GRAPHIC SEX

ACOWAR was a great book that featured heartwarming characters with an intriguing plot. The book did include explicit sex scenes. Even though there were scenes with graphic sex, I found it pretty easy to skip over them. However, the characters' relationship should not be mistaken as being purely sexual. The lead characters have an incredibly sweet, supporting and trusting relationship that will make your heart melt (mine definitely did!!). Also know that the book contains foul language (f**k is used a couple of times). Overall, it was a heartwarming and gripping read that I would recommend to mature teens.

Teen, 16 years old Written byking in the north December 4, 2017

A Court of Wings and Ruin

One of my favourite books/series of all time. Although i'm not much into fantasy, this book completely changed my opinion around. Has just the right amount of everything you would wish for in a book!

Teen, 14 years old Written bybbyblue.amaya_knows July 26, 2017

Well...

I haven't finished the book yet, I'm about half way through, but... it's been a month and a half since I started this book, and it took me less than that to fly through the other two books. I finished ACOMAF and was super excited to start reading, but then after the first part of the book, it started to slow down, and now I have to force myself to pick up the book just out of loyalty, and because I want the ending to be good. This book is good, no doubt, but definitely not as good as the first two. Maybe I'll be proved wrong after I read, but right now I'm not even wanting to finish. (There will be an update.) But, so far this is quiet some language, but I wouldn't say too much, and the sex is a bit graphic, but nearly as much as the last books.

Teen, 15 years old Written byNoobNightGuard August 22, 2018

Teen, 13 years old Written byAklovve June 23, 2018

Great book!

Has an amazing plot and awesome characters, it just isn't for young kids, especially immature teens! If you're a parent, you know your child, and if you think its too mature of them, don't let them read it.

Teen, 14 years old Written byNavira February 15, 2018