All parent member reviews for A Great and Terrible Beauty

Parent Written bysouthernbelle57 June 11, 2013

graphic sex dreams

Graphic scene where the main character describes a man touching "parts she has yet to explore" and graphic drawing circles around her nibbles. Not okay for some girls. Know your child before letting them read.
Parent of a 2 and 3 year old Written byreadresponsibly June 4, 2010

Not a tasteful book for anyone

I don't recommend this book to anyone, adult or teen. I came away feeling worse than when I started. It is a beautiful idea executed poorly. I forged through the book hoping it would redeem itself in the end. Very poor role models. Too sum it up-not tasteful at all.
Adult Written byvictorianmermaid August 6, 2015

Very interesting

This was a really good book. Set in the Victorian era, which is my favorite era. This book talks about violent deaths, magic, same sex encounters are talked about, other sexual activities, and underage drunkenness. But for the mature reader who likes fiction, this is a good read.
Adult Written bytobys_sister September 4, 2009

Good for the mature teenager.

Though this book can be a little intense at times, if your teenager is mature enough to understand the good messages underneath the drama and such, it is actually a very good book. It deals a lot with reality, which is a good wake up call for some. It sends a message that real life isn't always going to be easy, and it's how you deal with the hardships that matters in the end.
Parent of a 4, 7, 9, 16, and 17 year old Written byClaireGuthrie September 3, 2009

Adults Only.

I personally enjoyed this book.....but you will find as the series progresses, that it becomes darker, more violent and more sexual....including lesbianism between 2 of the main characters.