Kid reviews for A List of Cages

Dark, moving foster-kid story shows power of friendship.

No reviews yetAdd your rating

Teen, 14 years old Written bybbyblue.amaya_knows July 26, 2017

Life changing

This book has changed the way I look at people. Instead of seeing the worst in them, I try to see what they might be going through or why the are the way they are. This book was a quick read with AMAZING characters. This book is for a bit of an older audience because of some language, and some of the things that happen to an abused character is cruel. An older audience will get more from this book. This book is amazing, and I'd recommend it to anyone (older) wondering what to read next.

Teen, 13 years old Written byKartoonLover January 17, 2018

Wow

Awesome book. F--k is uttered a few times in a sentance where a kid says " F--king freshman" watch out form language and sexual themes

Teen, 13 years old Written bygirlloe February 20, 2018

Teen, 13 years old Written byBaileyLover January 28, 2018

Best book I have EVER read.

I have found that this was just SUCH an amazing book. It deals with child abuse, which I have not found in that many books. It does have some sexual content in it along with swearing, but it was not overwhelming. I feel that mature tweens could read this.

Teen, 15 years old Written byNoobNightGuard July 12, 2018

A Beautiful Emotional Journey

This story was an amazing story. I saw JesseTheReader talk about this book and decided to get it at the library. This book came as a surprise to me. I'm normally not one for contemporary books but it was so worth it. It was a very moving story. I knew I would love this book about seventy pages in. I was close to tears in the first hundred pages. I knew I was in for a ride. This book was kind of repetitive at times which is why I can't list this at five stars but it was close. This story is worth the read.

Educational Value
Teen, 13 years old Written byDakotaHope May 31, 2018
I have to say, this is probably one of the most thrilling books I've read in a long time. I got really emotionally attached to some of the characters. Just a little heads up before you read this--There is a lot of violence, swearing, and some sexual themes. It really depends on whether you're mature enough to handle the content. Overall, this book had me hooked. I couldn't stop reading it. (No seriously, I stayed up until 3 in the morning reading this, and finished it the next morning) Someday I hope for a movie based on this book.