All teen and kid member reviews for A Little Princess

Teen, 13 years old Written bysixtyseve2 February 1, 2013

Sara is a PERFECT little "princess"

I love this book. It is a very imaginative story , and i can picture everything that happens in the book. The book sends a positive message to me. Sara is a perfect character. Her attitude is that of a princess. Her manners and outlook on everything liven up the story.
Teen, 15 years old Written bykirsten101 32 February 12, 2012

yea

no matter who you are your a princess
Teen, 14 years old Written byrebma97 October 21, 2011

Fairytale-ish story

I read a lot of this story. I wasn't in love with it, but the writing is good so it kept me engaged. It's like a fairytale, because Sara is rich and kind like the princesses in the stories. Miss Minchin is mean to Sara, even before she loses all of her wealth, so that could be a little scary for kids, but if they've read the story of Cinderella then it's no big deal. Even though Sara is a positive role model (she's always kind to people), this book is stereotyping how rich people are beautiful and kind. It's not that bad though, but something to consider.
Kid, 12 years old July 11, 2013

Amazingness in general makes up for big words. An Old-English Cinderella!

I love this book. It WAS written quite a long time ago, but it's definitely not as hard to understand as The Wind in the Willows! You should know that, while there's no REALLY BAD violence, a lady boxes a girl's ears and Sara's father dies.
Kid, 12 years old March 31, 2013