Parent reviews for A Pussycat's Christmas

Cat’s-eye view of Christmas will leave you purring.

No reviews yetAdd your rating
Parent of a 8 and 11-year-old Written byJamie W. December 25, 2016

This sweet book really brings Christmas alive through sensory language

My kids and I love reading this book together. It's a tradition to read it several times during the days before Christmas--and especially on Christmas Eve. We started when they were ages 3 and newborn and they still love it at ages 11 and 8. The plot is extremely simple--there really is none. It's more of an impression than a story. Basically, through the cat, the reader simply takes in impressions of a house and its people on Christmas Eve. But it is very vivid and sweet, the way the author describes the sights, scents, and (especially) the sounds of Christmas.

Parent of a 9-year-old Written byTora Gwen May 11, 2010

Sweet as sugar!

This is an adorable Christmas story, perfect for the little ones. When my nine year old daughter, Addison, was about two years old I bought her this for Christmas. She instantly fell in love with the amazing illustrations and adorable little story. She thought it very sweet that Pussycat was clearly a very beloved member of the household. Recently, I found this book buried in her bookcase. I looked through it, realizing that though it was covered in dust, it was still the same adorable story that had enchanted so many of that little girl's Christmases years ago. Last Christmas, I read it to her again. She thought that she had left it at a friend's house when she was four, and was delighted to see it again. It's still the same little story and it's still the same little book. And it still enchants her, years later.

Parent Written byInAnyEvent November 23, 2009

Perfect for younger kids

We Love this Book! We own it and bring it out every Christmas. It's a warm fuzzy.