Kid reviews for A Tale of Magic, Book 1

A Tale of Magic, Book 1 Poster Image

If you don't read this book, you are craaaaaaazy!

A Tale Of Magic is the perfect book to read if you are looking for an amazing female role model, lots of action, magical events and something that's like and ties in with the Land Of Stories books. I couldn't keep my eyes off the pages and was flipping the pages madly. If you don't read this book, you are craaaaaaazy!!!

1 person found this helpful.

Not for Christians: questionable themes

As a Christian teenager, I constantly felt attacked while reading this book. If you read this book the messages you will receive are that Christianity is twisted and corrupt, church is boring, and religion isn't real. I was just trying to enjoy a fun story but constantly felt attacked while reading. My faith in God is valid and I didn't like that it was constantly being undermined in the book. I do think that church and state should be separate but Christianity is not something to be mocked. I was very disappointed because I do remember enjoying the book when I was 8 or something like that. I would recommend 14+ because I think it is important to know where you stand on certain issues and to be able to recognize the themes in this book before reading. It's not a bad story! But the messages were not it. Parents: the language was pretty limited. Just b*stard, idiot, likewise.

Pacing is kinda weird?

I feel like younger kids would enjoy this book. It has a simple-ish plot, and it gives quite a few life lessons. But I didn’t really enjoy it because for me, it felt like the plot was moving too slow but too fast at the same time? Like it was throwing side plot after side plot at you, but the main plot was moving at a snails pace. There’s probably better ways to describe it, but I can’t think of any right now. Maybe it’s because I read this as a teen, or maybe its just because I’m a book junkie, but it wasn’t really a good read for me.

I love it!

Best book I have ever read. the story is amazing. Please read or you are missing out

GOOD BOOK BUT…..

Good book but I think that kids under 8-10 would find it a bit boring maybe but other then that a good read,

Horrid

Even though it says that this book is recommended to 8-12 year olds, it has quite the array of violenc e and it will feed your kids mind with the author's biased views. For teens and adults, the author blatantly states his views about almost everything in the book, not to mention there is way too much contradictions about good and evil

Best Book Ever ( @ Must Read# )

The best book ever!I must admit, this is the first book that I can read it over and over again non-stop!It had an even better paralyzing effect on me than the Land of Stories!(which I also recommend you to read) I love the plot twist in the end, I never expected Brystal(the main character )'s beloved teacher Madame Weatherberry was the Northern Conflict thing! (code name) The story was really interesting and I can't stop myself repeating the chapter which included Justice. In conclusion , I am hoping my mum will buy the second book of the series 'a tale of witchcraft ' soon!And also I recommend you to buy this book and read in for a hundred times!

An Artists Masterpiece

Omg i love this books series i am so excited to read the 3rd installment unless you are very sensitive to religion or mistreatment but personally it believe its the injustice and horribleness that makes it a good book. and if you are able to handle violence that is present in books such as hunger games and Harry potter then you can very much handle it. Enjoy

Absoulutely amazing!

This book is great, I connects wonderfully with the Land of Stories series and contains bravery, skill, firendship and more! (This is more poeple who have read the main series)-->Do be prepared to be sad when you realise old Xanny just killed the person who saved him and how Mdm Weathery is depicted in the main series but overall, amazing.

Well-Written and Entertaining!

One of my favorite books of all time. Keeps you flipping each page with interest and delight, and you won’t want to stop reading! Literally one of the hardest books to put down, like, ever.