Kid reviews for A World Without Princes: The School for Good and Evil, Book 2

A girls-vs.-boys twist in magic-filled sequel.

No reviews yetAdd your rating

Teen, 17 years old Written bygilly_boy May 21, 2014

A Delightful Mess

Well I like this story very much but the priorities are mixed and messed up. I actually think the characters are kind of selfish and constantly repeat themselves. I mean the characters are selfish because Sophie and Tedros are both fighting over Agatha and Agatha is selfish because she isn't satisfied with what she has; in all honesty, I don't see why they can't compromise. Then there is the divide between girls and boys, I have no argument against girl power but this is taking it a bit over board. Slavery, really? Plus, have the people of the land not considered the fact that they have to reproduce in order for the human race to survive? However, despite the character short comings, I have really enjoyed the plot. There has so many tangles that I couldn't see where this was heading, couldn't make a good guess and that's why I liked it. There was so much happening that was difficult to keep track of the main objective (this making a complaint that the characters are bipolar). Seeing how our "generous" author left us at a cliff hanger, there will be no doubt that we will be seeing more of Agatha, Sophie, Tedros and the School Master in another Fairy Tale mess.

Educational Value
Teen, 13 years old Written bylizzy0801 December 15, 2014

Epic Tale- But Not For Those Wanting A Light Read

I will say I'm 13 and a very good reader, and I found this pretty dark in some spots. It's certainly not for younger kids, and some tweens might not like some of the aspects of it. I think it's a "know your child" kind of thing, but other than that, if you choose to read it you're in for a very good treat. ;)
Teen, 13 years old Written byBookNerd1842 February 5, 2015

Oh my gods, you have to read it!

I absolutely love this series and the second installment is almost as perfect as the first. It has a perfect balance of action and emotion, making you want to laugh and cry throughout the whole adventure (warning: you might also uncontrollably gasp multiple times). It's packed to the brim with powerful messages and thought-provoking ideas as well. Not only is there the question "what is it to be good or evil?" like the first book, but now also "what difference does gender make?" because of the new development in the schools: Instead of good evil, the students are in the schools for girls and boys. There may be a tad more violence than the other book, but more for the point intensity than graphic images. Characters do die, but once again is more chaotic and emotional than violent. There is also some swearing, but only once or twice and usually used with a sense of humor. Agatha, Sophie, and Tedros are having even more relationship problems in "a world without princes" than before. Agatha struggles between leaving with Sophie and staying with Tedros through most of the book, and the end finishes the story of with yet another cliff hanger. I desperately need the next.......only 166 days left till "The Last Ever After"! This is a must read for any fantasy nerd!

Teen, 14 years old Written bylilcassmay March 13, 2016

Loved It

I'm reading this book for a school project, as I read I write down all the important details from each chapter so I understand the story a lot better then someone who's just reading it, and I have to say, this is probably one of the besT books I've ever read! There are a few flaws, for example; if all the prince's are thrown from there kingdoms and if the school for Girls and Boys are prepared to kill each other, then how do they expect to continue the lineage? Also I think that the whole men/boys becoming slaves thing, not really ok! What kind of an example does that set? I really loved power to woman/girls on this story, I found for younger children, that would give them great confidence and would let them worry more about there friends (no matter how they look) rather then boys. The story had so much going on that it was always a page turner! Honestly I don't cry much but this book had me balling my eyes out! Loved it so much, I really recommend!

Teen, 13 years old Written bywowwowkiwi August 9, 2017

AHHH REALLY GOOD

This book gets a little deeper than the last one, and gets a little more violent, but it's great nonetheless, and will get you asking questions about gender, love and friendship. A really great read!
Kid, 8 years old December 19, 2016

Really good !

It is really,really good . The only problem is the violence in the final battle as always. I read it when i was like ,6 or 7 and I loved it