Parent reviews for Across Five Aprils

This historical tale is captivating and memorable.

Adult Written bysuebean E. April 19, 2017

Across Five Acorns

I got the name wrong because the book is sooooo boring, that I didn't even pay attention to the cover.

Adult Written by123610 April 2, 2019

Boredom

I think this book would be good for nobody. It was so boring. There is also violent descriptions.

Adult Written byTryingToHelp_ December 5, 2018

It’s Mediocre

I have seen children say “omg I hate this book it is the worst.” I don’t personally absolutely hate the book. I am in the eighth grade and usually I prefer books about adventure and magic, or romance like most middle schoolers do. I think this book is more suited for adults as it is a bit boring for an eighth grader. (My class of fourteen other teenagers would agree.) It is a bit slow going and I found it hard to tell when time had passed, it would be telling about Jethro and his family’s troubles and stuff, and it wouldn’t say he or anyone had aged and then it would be like, “and that April after the April before that April but on that third April...” It’s a bit confusing. I wouldn’t really recommend it for children or teenagers, maybe a fifty year old with a midlife crisis.

Adult Written byHorsejumper October 5, 2009

Good book for Middle Schoolers

It gives you a good taste of what the Civil war was like.

Educational Value
Adult Written byklshannon12 April 9, 2008

I loved the history!!!

I thought that the book was great. It told of the Civil War through a boys point of view that had to stay home with his family. It had love, family, and war in it.