Parent reviews for Alex & Eliza: A Love Story

Fun imagined tale of Alexander Hamilton's sweet romance.

Adult Written byBeclee101 February 12, 2019

Wonderful light historical fiction!

This was a really good historical type fiction book about the romance between Alexander Hamilton and his wife Elizabeth Schuyler.
The romance is very light and swoony.
The only concernes is when a brute try’s to woo Elizabeth and he says and does horrible things. It completely adds to the story of ‘she shouldn’t be with him’ and older tweens will get it.

Adult Written byFantasyFan001 June 14, 2018

Excellent Book; Highly Reccommended

I read this book a little over a year ago after my sister read it. I absolutely enjoyed it! There was some great chemistry between the main characters and most of the characters themselves were unique and intriguing. Eliza is intelligent, compassionate, and assertive. Although Alexander is shown to have a short temper, his loyalty and dedication to General Washington and Eliza compensate for this. Since the story is set during the American Revolution, this book could inspire readers to learn more about this time in history. However, I would like to warn parents that this book does have some violent content particularly near the end. (Spoiler alert!) *Toward the middle of the story when a character named Henry Livingston comes home intoxicated and then begins to sexually assault Eliza. She manages to fight him off until Alexander steps in.* If you or anyone in your family has been the victim of sexual assault, I wouldn't recommend this book as it may be triggering. Also, since this book is set during a war there are occasionally gory descriptions of injuries and even death. There's one particularly graphic scene toward the end which I won't spoil. Overall, this book is a very compelling read and I strongly recommend this book to readers 11 and older.

Adult Written byLiana L. June 2, 2018

Amazing

My neice thought it was amazing take on Hamilton