Kid reviews for Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

Kids will love this account of a boy's bad day.

Based on 1 review

Teen, 13 years old Written byCan'tPickAUser March 6, 2020

Great book, but DANG

I love this book, and I feel like the lesson it's supposed to teach is great to learn. BUT.
I don't know if it's just me, but I cannot read this book without crying. And I'm not talking just crying. I'm talking uncontrollable sobbing. When I get to the end, I'm bawling - like on the level of a person who's heart is breaking. I cry for like fifteen minutes... and then I go about my day as per usual.
Why? No clue. But if it gets to you or your kid, stop reading and put down the book. Whenever the waterworks turn on, it ruins your evening. ;-;
I've never heard of this happening to anyone else, though, and the other reviews are glowing, so I'm guessing it won't happen to you and/or your kid.
But still, m a y b e ?

Educational Value
Kid, 8 years old April 22, 2018

Alexander and the Terrible Horrible No Good Very Bad Day

This book is very relatable, because everyone has terrible days. Alexander has too, the main character of this book. Sometimes sharing our bad days makes us laugh and feel better. You will love hearing about this horrible day and I bet it will remind you of one of yours. This is a classic kids book and one that everyone should read.

Teen, 13 years old Written byMoviesamazing May 23, 2017

Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good Very Bad Day

A decent story about a boy's tough times and bad days that he has, but very good for kids with all the role models and positive messages.

Educational Value
Teen, 16 years old Written byDrCool June 6, 2012

Best Alexander book EVAR!

This book is hilarious! I really LOLed at the part where he says "I think i'll move to Australia".I love this book SOOO much!
Teen, 13 years old Written bymrbookworm01 November 2, 2011

Good book for young kids

I read this book to 2 little kids at school and I think it's just fine for young kids. It's amusing and has a positive message in understanding that bad days happen to everyone and it's a part of life. Good for kids 6+