Kid reviews for All the Crooked Saints

Lovely, lyrical family story explores miracles and music.

Based on 1 review

Teen, 13 years old Written byMelanie.luvstoread22 January 7, 2018

This is a passionate, amazing story (read this review, even though it is long!! it's helpful i promise!!)

This story is full of love, sacrifice, and compassion. It is full of good, and evil. I LOVED this book. It is a complicated concept, so readers should be at least 12 years old. This story is about a family by the name of Soria. They live in Bicho Raro (i think they said it was in Colorado). They are a very strange family, and have a very strange gift. They can perform miracles. They are all Saints and take in people called pilgrims (not the people who first came to America, people who have lots of inner darkness) and perform one miracle on them, forcing them to confront their darkness. Then they must perform the second miracle on themselves, and then they can leave. But, the Sorias CAN NOT help the pilgrims perform the second miracle, or their own darkness will destroy them. The Soria family get tied up in all sorts of problems, and discover that the pilgrims can teach them just as much as they can teach the pilgrims. This book was a difficult read for me (i am 13 and read advanced books for my age level) but not so difficult i couldn't enjoy it!

Educational Value