Kid reviews for America Is Under Attack: September 11, 2001: The Day the Towers Fell

Frank picture book account of 9/11 balances fact, feeling.

Kid, 11 years old November 21, 2011

*Sniffs and Cries* God bless the people who died On that day.

I've read this book before. It's pretty good. It's Violent because 3,000 people died. Talks about September 11 2001, The Day The World Trade Center crashed. Don't report this for violent speech because I'm talking about the book and What happened that day nobody ever forgot. Too bad, I always wanted to go on the World Trade Center. CURSE YOU OSAMA BEN LADIN!!!!!!! It's all his fault. Don't worry I read online in the Spring 2011, They found him and instead of bringing him to Jail, They Killed him!!! HA HA!!! He deserved it. You agree? I went to New York Last Week for Thanksgiving Vacation 2011 and I saw the memorial. Really sad :( Sometimes I wish they didn't have memorials because It may remind somebody a person loved that died on September 11. They did this because they thought the USA was a bad Country and They decided to destroy the most important buildings with planes crashing into it. Normally the World trade center and the Pentagon building were the only buildings that got destroyed in the United States. Gosh, I feel horrible for everybody who died on September 11 2001. Anyways the Book had a great message, Good role models and it was really educational. The good message is learning about it and being thankful for the people who died on September 11. The good role models are the ones who are being thankful for everybody who died. It could be really dangerous at New York that day. We remember the people who died and respect them. Never Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Forgot by anybody.

Educational Value
Kid, 12 years old September 11, 2011

A kid-friendly telling of 9/11

America Is Under Attack is a kid-friendly telling of 9/11. It explains what happened on that day and informs readers of the tragedy, while focusing on the heroism of those who gave their lives for others. This book covers all four planes, if giving more time to the two that destroyed the twin towers. Also, it talks about how a large number of people helped others risking- or at the expense of- their own lives. It is illustrated, but the pictures are not gory or scary, rather, they are informative, but cautious, so that the book can be read by more readers. Parents will want to talk to their kids about the tragedy as well, but the book fills in most of the crucial points.

Educational Value