All parent member reviews for Animal Farm

Adult Written byhybridauth_user390 December 14, 2015

Animal Farm

The characters such as Napoleon, Snowball, Boxer, Old Major, Mr. Jones, Clover and more people and animals. They had a great role model as in they never broke character. There was a lot of violence as in others killing others with guns, and hitting them. I gave it ages 12 and up because there is violence in it and I don't think the parents would want their child to look at violence or read about it. I gave it four stars because the book wasn't bad it told you who the characters were, what their role was, the conflict, and themes.
Adult Written bythebookreviewer02 December 21, 2014

Appropriate for almost any age, but it will be spoiled if you don't get the message!

This is truly a masterpiece, and, if you choose to read it, you will know the basic gist of Soviet Russia and totalitarianism, both incredibly complex issues, in less than a full day! I was amazed by the sheer magnitude of the message and the many layers waiting to be unraveled. If your child wants to read this book, it's your call whether to let them or not, but be warned! If you read this book without knowing what it's about, the magic of this incredible piece will be lost! They will walk away confused and wondering what the point is. This book is not at all disturbing, especially for young children. Now, I know you're thinking, "What?", but it's true! Young children (minor spoiler) probably won't even know what the glue factory is, and the most disturbing part is that, even though this seems incredibly dystopian, it has happened in real life-several times! In conclusion, if you think your child is ready, suggest and encourage them to read this amazing masterpiece!
Adult Written bydesireeg November 20, 2014

A perfect book.

It is obviously a book informing us about the events leading up to the Russian Revolution of 1917 and then on into the Stalin era in the Soviet Union. I think it is completely appropriate for any age, but you would also have to think about the reading level. But absolutely awesome book, and a good way to give the students a picture in the their heads about the Russian Revolution and how all that came about.
Educator Written byfv224970 December 14, 2015
Educator Written byJacqueline R. August 15, 2016

It's a great history lesson and a lesson on human nature.