Kid reviews for Animal Farm

Classic satirical allegory about the abuse of power.

Teen, 14 years old Written bydaughterofhappiness April 12, 2012

Animal Farm ~ Review by DaughterofHappiness

You'll need a level of maturity to be able to understand this book if you are a kid. Otherwise, most won't be able to see the reason this book was written.

Teen, 17 years old Written byabbacus June 16, 2012

Really good!

I liked this book a lot. It's perfect for younger teens.

Teen, 13 years old Written byNomacop January 6, 2013

animal farm

a brilliant, clever, satirical novel

Teen, 13 years old Written bynovelreader January 4, 2014

One of the best novels I have ever read.

This is an absolutely marvelous book about the Russian Revolution. I first read it when I was 10 years old and I was shocked by the massacre, but teenagers and older children who are not as sensitive as me can read it and be just fine. Also, the pigs obtain alcohol, but it is a small detail. so I was fine with that when I was 10 years old. Boxer is a great role model and has a lot of determination. It is great for your children to read this if you want to talk about the Russian Revolution or totalitarianism, and Orwell makes you sincerely hate Napoleon and the other pigs (maybe it is just me). Read it if you have the chance!

Kid, 12 years old December 1, 2013

A great book for all ages!

Animal Farm is a very good book. I personally think that it's a book for all ages. For example, little kids can read it and just think it's a fairy tale about animals whereas, older kids will probably get the true message and understand that it's about power. I really enjoyed this book.

Teen, 14 years old Written byMavrah333 October 10, 2014

Better and more logical than 1984!

Ok, to start: MUCH BETTER THAN 1984! 1984 left me sad, horrified and disappointed, and I started up a new game of Half Life 2 to see whether or not it was as depressing. Half Life 2 wasn't as depressing as 1984 by a long way. On the other hand, Animal Farm is a much better book. With an interesting storyline, a lot of twists and a more satisfactory ending than WARNING SPOILERS FOR 1984 INCOMING HIDE YOUR EYES: he died loving his worst enemy. Some explicitly described violence, but no worse than the cartoon, and some consumerism, but the latter is necessary for the plot. Great book, read it!

Teen, 14 years old Written byTommy141 August 8, 2013

Great educational book

This is a great book, and it is even better if you know all of the historic links to the Russian revolution. Lots of schools read this book, as it is very educational if you understand the things it is trying to say. The content is fine for young readers, but I would suggest reading it after you know the basics of its themes.
Teen, 13 years old Written byjust...me September 20, 2015

Read below if you want a correct review...

First of all, it is called a novella! Moving on, kids have to have a sense of maturity when reading this novella. It is a satire of totalitarianism. It is about tyranny and manipulation. Although many people read it as a bunch on animals on a farm, it is so much more. Please don't pick up this book for your 8 year old without reading it first. It is an amazing piece of literature, but it is just not a kid's bedtime story. This novella is not written for kids, and it contains violence, higher vocabulary, and a deeper meaning.

Teen, 14 years old Written bybookconsumer February 1, 2014

Not as good as 1984

I think that although there are great underlying meanings in this book, and it discusses communism in great detail, that it is a tad simplistic and that 1984 is better. George Orwell is one of the best authors that I know of and any of his books are great. Anyone who enjoys this book would enjoy 1984.

Teen, 17 years old Written byIgnatius Chovukkaren June 4, 2016

IT was selected as the top 5 books to read in my school for ISC students

Great book for teens to read. It help understanding so many positive ideals.

Teen, 16 years old Written bynharvey1329 April 28, 2015

Its Good...

Its all good, i suppose. Its for little kids for their bedtime story however Ms D my 10th grade English teacher want to read it to us. Like its our bedtime story. I think its more of a life lesson type deal then an history lesson. Little kids won't know what happened back before WW2. This book is literally what the title sounds like.. The book is about animals who takeover a farm that they use to be controlled in. And now theyre the leaders. Can they rule it or will it break apart?

Kid, 12 years old October 10, 2016

Really good book!!

I recommend this book due to the lesson it teaches, and it can also make kids interested in what it is based on (the Russian Revolution). I would say that some parts of this book might be a bit savage for a very young kid, however i would recommend it.

Teen, 17 years old Written by[email protected] February 16, 2013

twitter me :@mi2dangerous4u

I would recommend Animal Farm because it is an interesting novel to read. Another reason I would recommend Animal Farm is because it is a very educational book.

Kid, 11 years old May 17, 2016

Allegorical political satire on the abuse of power and the illusion of freedom

This isn't a happy story. It has some sad moments, and a major character dies. POSITIVE MESSAGES: None, but messages on the abuse of power. POSITIVE ROLE MODELS: Boxer never gives up, even when he may die. VIOLENCE: A shooting or two, and some executions, but they are not graphically described. Animals think Boxer killed a human, and some animals die. A windmill gets knocked down with dynamite, and animals are nearby. SEXUAL CONTENT: N/A. LANGUAGE: N/A. COMMUNERISM: N/A. DRINKING/DRUGS/SMOKING: Napoleon smokes at the end, and the pigs drink a lot.

Teen, 17 years old Written byysabellarosalie April 28, 2015

ehhhhhhhhh so so

this book has good viewpoints and totally sums up the communism in russia

Teen, 13 years old Written byHashtagBrownies April 22, 2016

Interesting story

While most people read this book for the analogy of communist Soviet Russia, it's still just see the book as a simple abuse of power story. While it is a bit violent, it isn't really that bad. This is a perfect book for people whether or not they now about the analogy.

Teen, 17 years old Written by_____________ August 29, 2015

Teen, 14 years old Written byEliza B. October 4, 2013

Animal farm

It is a very good book, and kids of almost any age can read it, though younger kids might not understand it.

Kid, 11 years old August 17, 2017

Great Book for Mature Kids

Animal Farm is a great book for mature kids. The book shows many downsides of totalitarianism. Although the book is quite easy to understand (in my opinion), the whole meaning of the book will be ruined if you don't get the message (not going to spoil it). Animal Farm has great role models like Boxer. Boxer is one of the first animals to question totalitarianism. Families should know that Animal Farm is very violent. Many animals get executed, and Boxer dies very violently by a knacker. This is why the people reading this requires a certain maturity level. Overall, Animal Farm one of the best novels I read. It was a quite easy book to understand, and showed many downsides of totalitarianism. I really recommend this book.

Teen, 14 years old Written byjade0918 July 19, 2017

Not for young readers.

Although on the surface, the vocabularies can be easy and the comprehension is understandable for a 11 year old. Yet readers have to be old enough to know the symbolism of each of the events. I don't even think many of my classmates get this book at all, so definitely not for 11 year olds like most of the others say.