Parent reviews for Antiracist Baby

Antiracist Baby Poster Image

Please don't support this con artist.

Ibram X. Kendi truly doesn't see black or white. All he sees is green, and if that means manufacturing racism to feed his own coffer, he will.

Due to Other Reviews...

...I am writing because many people said it was an advanced book with advanced topics. That's very far from the truth. This book is great for children 0-5, at the time prejudice are being formed. It's written in rhyming scheme that makes it fun for children, not to mention the colorful illustrations of different families. I was pleased to find this book as there are not many that confront the topic head on. 100% recommend!

Confusing language for young children

While I agree with much of the sentiment and ideas of this book about racial equity and love for all people. It is full of political adult language that my 5 year old did not understand. I think it is a good book for parents to read but it truly isn't directed towards children.

Great concepts and content, but for older kids and adults

I have been looking for ways to help my 6-year-old white son understand racism and white privilege in a way that will make sense and be developmentally appropriate for him. This, unfortunately, is not it. The concepts are way above his head and not nearly concrete enough to launch good conversations about what racism in and how we need to work to counter it. I think a ten-year-old would be able to take in the message here, but by then a rhyming board book will likely not appeal. I hope the author will consider another book with similar content for slightly older kids - I'd snap up such a book!