All teen and kid member reviews for Are You There God? It's Me Margaret.

Teen, 13 years old Written byMorganwashere12 November 19, 2010

:) Awesome.

When my mother recommended the book, I was interested. I can relate to Margret, in so many ways. I loved it. It's a quick read, but defiantly worth reading. Read it in about a day.
Kid, 11 years old February 17, 2010
an awesome book
Teen, 15 years old Written byhamstergurl09 April 21, 2010

Not One of My Favorites.

A lot of girls I know really enjoyed this book, because it was, in their words, "an excellent coming of age novel." I read it when I was 10. Personally, I couldn't relate to it, because Margaret is obsessed with physically developing, which I never really cared about. Also, she kind of just follows the herd, and listens to whatever everyone else says. I'm not like that at all. This book is also pretty dated, considering it was written in the early 1970s. It's a period piece...no pun intended. I guess a "girly" girl might like it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBook_Worm313 February 24, 2010

Every girl should read this before if not during 6th grade.

I absolutely love this book. Margaret is the type of girl we can all relate to. She has friendship problems (i.e. Nancy) and she has problems with coming into herself and her body as we most do (i.e. stiffing her bra with cotton balls). Another big part of the novel is religion. Margaret doesn't really have a religion since her mother is a Christian and her father is Jewish, so she feels the pull to choose. The book follows her search for her own self body wise (her wanting her period) and spirit wise (choice of religion). I read Are You There God? It’s Me Margaret when I began middle school, and now as I am almost done with my last year before starting the four year journey of high school, I believe that Margaret's story truly stated the confusion of being a preteen where you are just being that awkward stage of your body developing, and your starting to become more of your own person instead of your parent. I read the book at 11, but I recommend it for anyone grade 5 and up. The book does talk about something topics that are a little older such as bras, periods, and boys, but none of those topics are inappropriate for preteens. Every girl should read this book before she is 13, though it would be more informing and educational if she read it around 10-11.
Teen, 13 years old Written byreadyourheartout March 5, 2010

Every girl is like Margret(:

I am a 13 year old and i read this for a book report, and i have to say that it is a great book for pre-teens to read so they have a heads up on whats going to happen to them in the future. its absolutely amazing on what you read from Judy Blume. Just fantastic(: oh, and parents! i think you should talk to you daughter about whats happening in this book, because on some parts they might not understand it. So its a must read for tweens!!
Kid, 11 years old August 13, 2009
I loved this book! It was funny and very educational at the same time!! =]
Teen, 13 years old Written byKawaiiPanda November 19, 2010

Judy Blume, you've done it again!

I'm in grade 8, I have read it 10+ times. It is a wonderful book, great for those going through "That time"
Kid, 11 years old July 31, 2009

good for tween girls

whatever you do dont let a boy read it......
Teen, 13 years old Written byPrissy_g July 31, 2009

Perfect

It's good, It's very funny. Sing along! "We must, We must, We must Increase our bust"
Teen, 13 years old Written bysoccer_mufc13 September 26, 2009

Really Good!

I read this book last year, and i really liked it, it had some stuff about periods, and boobs (bras) but asides that i think it was a pretty good book. I would recommend it for kids ages 11+
Teen, 13 years old Written bylannaia1 October 12, 2014

disturbing

so I know alot of oher girls like this book but seriously, i really dont care about getting "boobs". If you care about that kind of stuff go ahea and read it but if you dont care dont read it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byNoseStuckInABook April 22, 2010

Great middle school (pre-middle school) reading

I read this when I was ten. I loved it. To be honest, I can barely remember what happened. But it's a classic. I loved it.
Kid, 9 years old October 19, 2011

Not Read Yet

Myself, I haven't read it, but my friend is and she says it is amzing , and I get to read it after her!
Kid, 11 years old August 13, 2010
Love It! If you are worrided about kids exposed to talking about periods dont get it
Kid, 11 years old March 25, 2010
i never read this book b4 but i really want to. im 11 and my mom said i can so, i guess i could. im in 5th grade too.
Kid, 10 years old October 13, 2013

Good book

This is a great book I read it at age 8 and um it has nothing to do with sex but she has playboy magazines and stuff like that but besides that it talks about growing up
Kid, 10 years old February 5, 2011

Good for Tweens

It's really good for tweens. It's about a girl who goes through pressure about friends, boys, and puberty. If you're a tween then you can really relate to it.
Kid, 10 years old August 15, 2010

Good for anyone who is dealing with puberty

Magret is mature but yet acts her age too. I think we are all margrets.
Teen, 14 years old Written bypopstar1049 May 11, 2010
Pretty good! funny for sure!
Kid, 12 years old February 18, 2010
My friend read it as a 4th grader so i think its compleatly cool for about 7 and up, but you wouldent like it because you would have no clue what 1/2 the stuff is. umm... Ok well You know what, sex, and bras, and kissing, ALL PART OF GROWING UP and thats what the book IS ABOUT! so if u have a problem with that dont b annoying and say"Oh too innaproprate" Cuz its not innaproprate cuz its how U came about this world so suck it up cuz ur kids life is filled with this stuff, So she might aswell Know about it so she will feel less alone and feel better. I'd know. Im 13 and confused, and this book is a big helper.