Kid reviews for Be Prepared

Be Prepared Poster Image

Nice Art

This comic is definitely not a feel good comic. It makes you feel bad for the main character and it is kind of a pathetic life that she has. If the reader is fully aware of what a period is then it would be suitable. The 2 older girls who share the cabin with her make fun of her innocence and take advantage of her. The 9 year old is introduced into a whole new world of adolescence and she just want to fit in but at the same time she it kind of lost. At the end she realizes that she was trying to please the right people and finds a nice younger girl to become buddies with. The cartoons were good though.

A Nice Book

This book is good for kids who haven't fit in because they are different or they come from different backgrounds. It's not an amazing book, but it's not bad either. It's a good leisurely read for kids 8+. The ending could have been a bit better, but I'm not mad at it. The only thing that I can see that may be perceived as "inappropriate" is the fact that one of the campers in the book gets her period, which isn't inappropriate at all, a natural human experience that everyone should know about and I think it's good that that was included because it helps with removing all of the stigma around it.

Only problems are some uses of ''Tit Head'' and a brief nudity scene, but it's only for about 1-3 panels, and nothing too graphic.

Ok

A bit bland, but the graphic novel has a few cliffhangers, and is realistic in both the illustrations and the plot.

Not bad!

The art is phenomenal and the story is kinda relatable. But I don't like the main character, she complains about everything. It's been a while since I read it so I can't recall all the details but I know there was a bit of iffy content for children.

Good but inappropriate

I feel like only kids who know what a period is should read this book. They mention periods several times throughout the book, and have shirtless girls in the book( some wearing bras and some not). There is also a part in the book which shows two people making out in the bathroom, and lastly they say tit throughout the book. But overall I thought it was a good and funny book.

Pretty Good!

I thought this book was very well written and illustrated (it is sort of a comic type book.) I would say mostly only girls should read this book since there are constant references to girl problems, and so on. It had some very funny moments, but one scene where a girl and a boy make out in the restrooms.