Kid reviews for Belly Up: FunJungle, Book 1

Belly Up: FunJungle, Book 1 Poster Image

good educational value great book I love it

love this series

I read this in 4th grade and was fine. It's a really good middle-grade mystery that has a good mix of action, humor, suspense, and a hint of romance throughout the series. It does have some language like "damn" and "a**" but they're only used like once, or maybe a few times. Other than that it's a good clean read that I really enjoyed!

THE BEST BOOK!

I read belly up. It was a really good book. Some language using crap, d_mn and a_s. other than that there's it's a really good.

Favorite

I loved this book. I read it at age 10 and felt that even though a few language for younger kids to watch. The rest was good. Great educational value and my little sister loved this book too!

Loved it

I think it's good, it's exciting, and though it might be a little scary if you can't handle it. Detailed plot, nice characters, and the writing style is descriptive too. I would recommend it to anyone who's interested. Read it, I think you'll like it.

I loved this book....

This is one of my favorite books ever. I first read it a couple years ago and have read it two times since then. I don't think that belly up is that graphic. The only violence it has is a hippo dead, people fighting to not get arrested ( because they were falsely accused) and some other minor stuff. I really liked how stuart gibbs made the plot not to fast, but not to slow. This book is about a boy named Teddy who lives at this zoo named Funjungle. Nothing exciting has ever happened there untill Henry the Hippo ends up dead. Teddy thinks that Henry was murdered and tries to find who did it.

Spectacular!!!

I love belly up, it is about a boy named Teddy (Theodore) Fitzroy, he lives at a major tourist attraction in central Texas called FunJungle. The book is about FunJungles mascot Henry the hippo being found belly up in his tank. It is then up to Teddy to find out who killed Henry and why I loved the book, I do not think that the adults are right saying 15 and up I found it very enjoyable for my age. It had likable and relatable characters. It kept you interested and is great for fellow kids that like adventure, mystery, and animals

Don’t bother if you can’t handle gore

I read part of this when I was 10 and I had to stop reading because the hippo autopsy was too much. This is not for people who are grossed out at body parts and stuff.

Entertaining & Funny

One of my friends recommended this book to me, and I don't regret reading it! This novel was so addicting - I couldn't put it down! This story takes place in a zoo called FunJungle, and is about a 12-year-old boy named Teddy, who attempts to solve the mysterious death of the zoo's famous mascot, Henry the Hippo. This book is humorous yet serious, contributing to the entertaining aspect of this story. I think this novel is best suited for 12+ considering that it contains multiple uses of somewhat bad language.

Extremely entertaining

You just can't put this book down! It's very funny, but so much happens in it at every part that it keeps you at the edge of your seat. I recommend this book - 10 thumbs up!