All teen and kid member reviews for Beloved

Teen, 17 years old Written byGiz_riod April 9, 2008

This is a great book overall.
Teen, 17 years old Written byasyke December 2, 2011

This is for: bieber_fever55

This is for: bieber_fever55 You might be feelin that the book is just "another outlet to blame whites." Now, obviously racial blame games happen from every race at every angle, and probably always will until the day race no longer exists. But trust me, it's not in this book. The cruelty that exists in its pages is mostly familial. And seriously, do people read a Holocaust memoir and then huff that it's just another way to blame Germans? If you felt an implied BLAME on whites based on a fictional black slavery book, it's because whites were to blame--maybe less so as time progresses but ESPECIALLY then. I think your letting your hurt feellings get the best of you, but your words can be hurtful. And im not trying to judge you or anything but you did hurt my feelings.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTipperane April 9, 2008

I'm appalled...

That people would call this 'trash'. Right, it's certainly not appropriate for children, that's obvious. Slavery was terrible, and vicious, and it is described accuratly in this book. Should we just gloss over that point in history because it seems 'too cruel' or 'sick'? It was. But that doesn't mean we shouldn't be informed of it. And this book does just that.
Teen, 15 years old Written byashbooann16 August 6, 2009

I just got done reading after this review. All overall, it was a great book. At times I couldn't take some of its nature and I really wanted to put it down though. It's like a not-sugarcoated, not-textbook like version of slavery. It was quite intense, but maturity is needed to read this book. Anyone over 16, I'd say.
Teen, 16 years old Written bydordorico February 11, 2011

those who dont learn the lessons of history are doomed to repete them

its a good book that has lessons in history and is important to show that not all violence was whites killing blacks and it shows that everyone deserves a second chance
Teen, 15 years old Written byjesuslovesthischick April 9, 2008