Kid reviews for Beyond the Kingdoms: The Land of Stories, Book 4

Twins and friends fight magic villains in exciting sequel.

Kid, 11 years old September 9, 2015

This is one of my favorite series EVER!!!:)

Chris Colfer did an AMAZING job on this book. I've read all four and they are really good. They are the perfect thing to read if you are wondering about the backstory of your favorite fairytale characters. In this one it can be a little violent because Alex is kind of uncontrollable when she's angry (two bad people put a spell on her) but she is able to overcome it. The Masked Man is a little creepy, but not to bad. Spoiler Alert: It's really sad when Charlie a.k.a Froggy gets trapped in a magic mirror and when you find out that Morina is using kidnapped children to make her beauty products and the process is slowly killing them. Alex also gets really romantic with young King Arthur( they sleep together on a hill, hug and kiss really passionately, and "wake up in each other's arms") but, let's face it that happens in almost EVERY young teens book. Throughout the series I think the only language they use is "crap" and "darn" and Mother Goose and Merlin have a bit of a drinking problem. That's about it for the more inappropriate parts, everything else is great!:) I think it teaches kids really valuable lessons about friendship, honesty, courage, and having a pure heart. Not to mention all the things that they learn about fairytales!

Educational Value
Kid, 11 years old September 5, 2015

Best Book Ever

This book is so so good I don't even have the words for it!!! But a fair warning, it is ended with a cliff hanger, but still very good! I hope the fifth book is going to come soon. And when I say soon I mean fast, like right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written byAngeline D January 18, 2017

Weird to say the least

This book is scary and weird. Children are very disrespectful to their parents and other adults in general. The themes are adult and just don't make sense. I read it when I was 10 and had nightmares for months. Even if you are older, don't waste your time on this book. I ended up throwing mine away.

Kid, 11 years old March 30, 2016

Great Read!

I love the Land of Stories Alex and Conner are great role models. There's lots of good plot twists especially in this book. I love this book a great deal but, the cuss twice in the book so little warning there. Other than that great read I would totally recommend this book to most kids over 10!

Kid, 10 years old December 1, 2017

AMAZING, WITH ONLY ONE BAD PART!!!

I liked this book, as it was funny, fast-paced, with lovable characters, moments where it's actually hard to tell what will happen next, and evolving the whole way. But as i said in the title there is one bad part: SPOILER WARNING: Alex and Arthur's romance was one of the worst in any novel I ever read. I didn't cheer it on, rolled my eyes at it, and didn't even get uncomfortable. I was cheering on Trollbella and Conner more. Crap and damn said.
Teen, 15 years old Written byChau_yumi February 8, 2019

The title of the story is good, it draws me into the story. Amazing, I have never loved any story like this book

It's very good, you should read it

Educational Value