Kid reviews for Big Nate Blasts Off: Big Nate Book 8

Warmhearted ending for popular comic series.

No reviews yetAdd your rating

Teen, 13 years old Written byTommy 99 October 6, 2016

Satisfying, but sad that it's the last one

This was definitely the best book I remember reading. Nate has became slightly more mature. I just wish there was an epilogue or something. I could not stop reading this, the book was astonishingly good. I highly recommend this book to you, person. Yes, you. The one reading this message.

Kid, 11 years old July 8, 2020

Very good conclusion

Big Nate in general is a very good series and this book is- in my humble opinion- the best one in the series. It does use mild language, such as potty humor and insults like jerk, scuzzball, etc. Overall it is a very good book for young readers, and even tweens will enjoy this good book.

Teen, 13 years old Written bynyxrating May 20, 2020

Pretty good!

Big Nate is such a witty book! It's fun to read, with all of Nate's hilarious jokes tagging along. I honestly love this series more than the Diary of a Wimpy kid series. It is truly heartbreaking, knowing that Big Nate is coming to an end.

NOTE: Dear parents; Nate is not a good role model! Please make sure your kids know NOT to follow in Nate's footsteps, as they're more of a joke than something a real person would do!
Kid, 10 years old April 14, 2020

Very heartwarming

This book was a good way to end the series. But there is name calling. One character calls another character a “scumbag”. But besides that, very good.

Teen, 17 years old Written bySetseth May 27, 2019

Super duper!

Great little story that any kid can enjoy, also some real good morals for them as well, definitely recommend along with the first 7 books!

Kid, 10 years old August 25, 2018

Final Big Nate installment does not disappoint

This is truly one of the best Big Nate books. You shouldn't read this book first if you are a newcomer to Big Nate, but if you have read at least half of the series then this book is fine. I think this book is really enjoyable. It mentions that Nate’s enemy Randy’s parents are getting divorced, but it doesn’t explain what that is so if you’re kid isn’t familiar with that topic then it will probably fly right over their heads. This book, like the previous one, has more positive messages than some of the other chapter books and comic compilations. This time readers will really learn how important it is to be forgiving, work together, and try to make friendships even with people you don’t like. Very entertaining and hilarious. Sorry for any grammatical errors.

Kid, 11 years old September 10, 2016

The book is fine!

Cute little book. A little...well, seven-nine year old's will like the book fine. Of course it isn't a classic.