Kid reviews for Big Nate: From the Top

Comic-strip collection makes middle-school trials relatable.

Based on 1 review

Kid, 10 years old October 7, 2015

Great relatable book, but slight mature content. (^:

Big Nate: From The Top is a great book tbh. But it's not exactly a 3rd-grader book (no, I'm not in 3rd grade :|). This book sends messages about what happens during middle school years. I was still reading page 158 when I finished this review (lol). Violence: It's not bloody or gory, but there is a kid named Chester who is very fond of himself who'll beat you up if you ask his weight or something. There are a few instances of being beaten up though. Mr. Rosa sarcastically thinks that students with knives is a good idea because of Nate's idea of whittling rather than using a "crank model" sharpener. Sex: Not too sexy. But there is some interest in dating and at one point, Nate tries to be a "bad boy" because according to a Cosmo magazine, girls find them attractive. Swearing: Not too overboard. But there are some "shut up"s and "oh, how I hate _____"s. Sexy is mentioned once. Consumerism: Family Guy and Yo Mama are mentioned. Not for kids who look up every single thing in the book. Brands are mentioned e.g. Sharpie. Drinking/alcohol/smoking: A part of Nate's sleuthing clothes is a bubble pipe.

Kid, 9 years old January 1, 2018

This rating goes to all big Nate books

I like big Nate because it is very funny and it’s a comic and I like comics