Kid reviews for Blended

Honest, warm story of family, identity, police brutality.

No reviews yetAdd your rating

Teen, 15 years old Written byLightfury February 14, 2019

The Best Book Ever

Blended by Sharon Draper is an amazing book and the best book I have ever read, about an 11-year-old mixed girl named Isabella who is a child of divorce. Her life is hectic. Two houses, two rooms, two families, and two identities. She lives a normal life like any of us except when her best friend has a traumatic experience everything changes. She suddenly is more concerned about her race. “Am I the chocolate chip or the vanilla bean?” and “Will this change how people look at and treat me?” She has a whole new experience in her life. This book has given me some new insight into others lives and shown me that the world isn’t just sunshine and rainbows. That life can kick you in the butt. I loved this book and have reread it copious amounts of times, seriously, it's that good. These characters have helped me change my perspective on the world. If you are 10 + and like realistic fiction with a little twist then this is a great book for you.

Educational Value
Kid, 9 years old January 28, 2019

Awesome. Period.

This book is amamzing! As soon as I saw it was by Sharon M. Draper, I had to get it. But I really think it's for 10+ for it's gore. But, it's a great coming of age book.