Kid reviews for Bram Stoker's Dracula

Bram Stoker's Dracula Poster Image

Not for pre-teens and lower, but great book.

I liked this book a lot, following the storyline could get quite confusing at first but throughout the book it becomes easier to follow.

Reading at the moment

I like it so far, it seems good :)

Wowzaaa

Okay first of it’s a great book, I really like how despite this being a book written in the Victorian century, stoker does a really good job at portraying mina( one of the protagonists) as smart, clever female, who isn’t intimidated by men or anyone for that matter. Okay so. The book is one of the first gothic pieces of literature EVER written, so it’s veryyyy gothic . I mean it is like CHECKLIST, TEXTBOOK gothic. It’s all foggy, mysterious, murder, castles and dungeons, fainting type of book But none the less, it’s a great book, well written of course! And also REALLY hooking There are some explicit scenes involving vampires drinking the blood of one of the protagonists, it’s quite graphic, as the vampires are described as seductive in nature etc. Also there’s a lot of gore towards the end SPOILER the gore involving brutal stabbing, digging up coffins, creepy graveyard scenes. Aslo a quite graphic and uncomfortable scene where one character is physically forced to drink blood from Dracula’s chest. END OF SPOILERS but it’s quite a scary book, and obviously the book itself is a classic so it’s difficult to read if you haven’t read classic literature before, But yes Nice.

This book is an intriguing classic that might be too scary and hard for young readers.

I enjoyed this book, however some parts made me feel disturbed. Dracula has a much more creepy and dark feel than other classic horror books. Earlier in the book, one of the main characters watches two female characters pounce on a bag in which a young child is, and describes things which no child should be exposed to. There are a few sexual hints throughout the book as well. There are good themes of sticking together in hard times and having hope, but I do not think you should expose your child to this book until you feel they are mature enough to handle it.

I be dumb

Couldn’t read it. Too bloody confusing. If you are a smart ass you will do just fine.

Dracula

I don't really like classical books. This book, go me to love it. I highly recommend it.

best fiction

one of the best novels I have ever read. I am short of words to express my pleasure after reading this book. The suspense in the book is killing and story line is mind blowing. I liked the way Dracula’s presence was felt by Jonthanan Harker and how Mina Harker was connected to him. However the journey of Lucy to undead to vampire intrigued me a lot. The surprise, secret element of reinfeild was really scary. I liked many characters of story and they were Mina Murray, Arthur Seward, Van Helsing, Lucy, and Dracula. by jaspreet kaur mind tree school , tenth- a

Really good, but has some quite "sexy" scenes

I think this is a really amazing book but has a lot of scenes with mentions of blood, but not in detail. I read this when I was 12 and I was fine with it.

This book is for any age.

Dracula is an amazing book, it is not sexy as the review says, it's makes the book sound dirtier than it is. Yes, their are some parts of madness, and violence in the book, but it is not extreme gore, I'm 15, and I have read this book tons of times it is fabulous. If your kid likes to read, and wants to read this book, then I think it's okay, it's wonderfully written and a classic, that everyone should read.