Parent reviews for Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?

Classic delights tykes with bright colors, gentle rhymes.

Parent of a 1-year-old Written byMischa A. May 29, 2021
Adult Written byjcmcdowell May 27, 2021

Such a Classic!

This is such a great book! I remember it from my childhood! I know a lot of Eric Carle books read to me from when I was young. Yes, the repetition and the simplicity in the words makes it qualify to teach young kids new words, which gives it a lot of educational value and lots of positive content all throughout the work. Every little kid should read/hear this story during their childhood!

Adult Written byKvv220 July 21, 2020

Parent Written byOldShowLover April 17, 2020

Lots of potential for engagement from birth

The book is very simple, but it's a great way to introduce animals and colors from birth. It's also a great book to use in a bilingual setting, including sign language. You can sing the story as well (can be found on YouTube). The book then turns into a tool for broader educational opportunities, particularly the page at the end where all the animals are shown in full.

Common Sense Media starts age recommendations at 2, but my true rating is more like 0-4, as it comes in board book form for babies and toddlers, and I think older preschoolers will become bored with the virtually nonexistent story.

Adult Written byamydell October 15, 2019

Great book

This is a very nice and positive book. Kids get to see lovely art and learn about animals. On the last page there is a picture of a class of kids who are all different and multicultural, which is great. It's one of those must-have books at home.