Kid reviews for Cam Jansen Series

Cam Jansen Series Poster Image

Based on 1 review

Decent mystery series is suspenseful but fine for kids.

I got these books from a library when I was around six, and while I enjoyed Cam's adventures, the series was often a bit too dramatic and suspenseful for me (I was a VERY sensitive kid, though, and most young kids would probably be fine with everything in this series). I have not read the whole series (I've probably read half), but the books are pretty formulaic and predictable once you've read a few. Kids will probably like that. The mysteries are usually fun, and they aren't very scary compared to the mysteries in other popular detective books for kids (the scariest Cam Jansen book is probably the one where someone steals some diamonds, but even that doesn't get too violent or upsetting for young kids). There's a lot to like about these books, but they probably won't interest kids older than ten and parents will likely find the series really boring. Younger kids will probably enjoy the series, though, and Cam is a brave and smart character who is a good role model for kids. EDUCATIONAL VALUE (0.5/5)- These books aren't really supposed to be educational, but they may inspire kids to learn more about how people solve mysteries in real life. POSITIVE MESSAGES (3/5)- There are positive messages about never giving up and trying hard to do the right thing in complicated and confusing situations. POSITIVE ROLE MODELS (3/5)- Cam and Eric are great role models for kids. They are positive, smart, and thoughtful. CHARACTERS: The characters in this series aren't incredibly original or complicated, but kids will like them. VIOLENCE AND SCARINESS (1/10)- Though there is no violence that I can remember, there is often quite a lot of suspense and drama. The suspenseful scenes in the series are written in ways that are age-appropriate and unlikely to really scare kids. WHAT AGE CAN A KID READ THE SERIES? I said seven and up because I think that kids younger than seven might not find the books very interesting, and they might also find the books a bit too suspenseful, but if your kid has been begging to read the series, five and up is probably OK. IS THE SERIES AS GOOD AS PEOPLE SAY IT IS? Yes and no. The books will entertain most kids, but they're pretty average and there are better mystery books out there. In conclusion, Cam Jansen is a decent mystery series that is fine for kids to read.

Unforgettable

I remember reading the first book in Kindergarten for homework one day and then fell in love with the series. It just popped into my head recently and so instantly remembered my love of this series. This series was probably the beginning of my love of books and moving on to chapter books. The way she would solve the little mysteries using her wits and photographic memory was just the coolest thing to me. Great books for kids who are ready to go from picture books to actually bigger chapter books.

It's okay...

It's just fine, I didn't really enjoy reading the book.

i think this is a really good book!!! the mysteires she solves are so good!!!

Good and appropriate for beginning readers