Parent and Kid Reviews on

Cat Kid Comic Club, Book 1 Poster Image
Our Review

Based on 2 parent reviews

Sort by:

This book is trash for the sake of trash. Stay away! No substance!

I was APPALLED at the content of this book. Murder, violence, name calling, incessant potty humor (that becomes plain annoying, honestly). There are several attempts to turn junk into a positive message, but it isn’t fooling anyone- this is trash for the sake of trash. Some examples include: “It’s fun to be dead.” “‘But what about the violence? What about the potty jokes? What about the reckless disregard for the sanctity of life and stuff?’ ‘Dude, that’s normal’.” “Hey ya, stupes” and “Hey, losers!” Honestly, the book summed itself up nicely in one quote: “It’s all death and violence and fart jokes!” My MIL bought our 7-year-old the series and they’re ALL going in the TRASH where they belong.

1 person found this helpful.

nuclear bombs and earth's destruction

oh boy. I already had gotten my 6 year old son the 2nd book after leafing through. my husband got him Book 1. my son asked me to read one of the stories. the character Supa Fail, causes injuries and then sets off a nuclear bomb that destroys the earth. I showed it to my husband and he said, well it was done in a silly way. so, it desensitizes them to nuclear bombs? I don't like it. I had to pick an age. 12? I don't know.

1 person found this helpful.