Kid reviews for Cemetery Boys

Cemetery Boys Poster Image

No reviews yet.

Add your rating

Swearing but REALLY GOOD

I absolutely loved this book. I would say there is a bit of swearing, but that’s it. There’s some descriptions of blood, but nothing like The Gilded Ones or The Hunger Games. Two characters kiss, wow big deal. It’s not 14+. I’d say 11, and tell them not to say those words. Done. There are so many Latinx people and it makes me happy seeing more representation in modern literature like Encanto and this. There is a lot of Spanish phrases and it helps me, and since I am learning Spanish in school right now, that worked out. They describe a lot about Latinx culture and food(I like food) which I also liked. Everyone was so supporting, at least in the end. This was the first book where the main character was trans that I have read, and it gave me a new perspective. There is no reason not to read this. Except maybe with the swearing.

1 person found this helpful.

nice representation

I have no idea why this says 14+? I read this when I was 10, and to be fair I'm mature for my age, but still. There is just a bit of swearing but that's the most "inappropriate" part about it. I think if you're looking to see if it's okay for your children, ask them. Because they know what they can handle. This is a great book, and I hope you and/or your children, decide to read it.