Kid reviews for Champion: Legend, Book 3

Action-packed sci-fi series reaches rousing conclusion.

No reviews yetAdd your rating

Teen, 13 years old Written byhiphoph December 12, 2013

Great Ending- More Questionable Than Last

The book was very well written, pulled you into the story, and - at least I think- had an amazing ending. Now, onto what to look out for! Like a lot of series, the last book had the most inappropriate content. Day (one of the main characters) is dying. At the beginning of the book he makes some questionable choices. He goes to a club and starts dancing with a random girl. Later they kiss and he notes that she tastes like vodka. Day also takes prescription cigarettes. Day and June kiss, then sleep together (though nothing is mentioned beyond starting to undress). A man kisses another man in an attempt to murder him. "D-mn" is used several times, along with "hell". "Bulls---" is used twice. The book has a fair amount of violence in it. Not enough that it bothered me, but you should just be aware of that. I personally liked this book a lot more than I expected to and thought it was a great ending to the series, but I wouldn't suggest it for younger children.

Teen, 14 years old Written byCeana December 30, 2013

wonderful yet heart wrenching

although there are some really down parts of this books, the ending is so amazing and sad that you have to pause to wipe your tears. I actually cried at the end of this book and there are only 2 other books that can do that. truely amazing book you just have to read! - Also have strong themes that make for a great english book report!

Educational Value
Kid, 11 years old December 4, 2013
Kid, 12 years old December 24, 2013

LOVE THIS BOOK AS MUCH A HEROES OF OLYMPUS(ok not really)

I LOVE THIS BOOK SO MUCH. IT HAD SUCH GOOD ACTING. PARTS WHERE I ALMOST CRIED. AS WELL AS PARTS WHERE I SAID AW. THIS BOOK HAS STINKING EVERYTHING! This book does have some language though. So ya I think this book should be twelve and up.

Teen, 13 years old Written byawesomeflower May 12, 2015

This is the most bittersweet ending in the world

this book was amazing...best out of the three, there is only one scene concerning sex but it doesn't really specify, the only thing that it really said is that they slept in the same bed and took SOME of their clothes off...maybe not even all. There are also 2 gay characters, it's not a big deal considering the things that children are exposed to today. BTW the ending will not disappoint, but you won't expect it, one page and like five words will make you want to chuck the book out the window...in a good way

Teen, 13 years old Written bycgk March 30, 2015

Not my favorite, but worth reading

In the end of Prodigy when I found out that Day was dying, I was really upset. To me it seemed like kind of a forced way to put a twist in the plot. Also, throughout all three books right up until the end I felt that Day always sacrificed more than June and I really didn't like her. Champion was just fine all the way through until the end. There was a part about Antarctica that I just couldn't get through because the politics and everything were just to dry and introduced out of the blue. All the stuff about June being a Princeps-Elect just didn't interest me. I love Day and the whole time it seemed like June was being really selfish because Day had lost so much more than she had. Then in the end I really came to respect June because she made big sacrifices for Day. In the end I was happy with the conclusion, but the book as a whole was a little boring and a bit anticlimactic compared to the other two books, which I really enjoyed. *Also liked how Day used the word "goddy".*

Teen, 14 years old Written byJLW12 May 9, 2014

Amazing ending!

Graet series. Amazing ending. Good role models. Great writing.... All I can say is, good job Marie Lu!

Teen, 17 years old Written bygilly_boy July 8, 2014

Thrilling Conclusion with a Bitter Sweet Ending

Still wishing that some things had happened, yeah? Okay, a little Day moment there. I'm sure fan-fictioners will have a lot of fun with re-writing the ending or continuing June and Day's adventure; I know I am joining in on some of the action.

Kid, 11 years old February 11, 2018

Amazing

This book is for fans of dystopian novels such as the Hunger Games. Having to find a cure for a plague, June and Day must stay together and fight until the end in this conclusion to this masterful series. Very romantic and heartfelt, this story is a little bit questionable and sexual. There is one romance scene (but nothing is detailed except undressing.)

Educational Value
Teen, 13 years old Written byhicksmackenzie June 1, 2017

Stunning conclusion....

This book was soooo great. From the last book I was wondering where they were going to go with the plot line but Marie Lu does not dissapoint. There was les questionable content in this than Prodigy but you should still be careful. June's older brother as I said in my review of Prodigy is said to be gay and they talk a little more about that in this book. Day states the night in June's apartment but that part is largely skipped. Theerected is some minor cursing and some violence. I felt as though this book was amazingly crafted and I am soooo sad this wonderful series is over. The book series ended in happy and sad tears. It is very hard to ever make me cry in any movie or book. This book and the lord of the rings movies are the only things that have succeeded so far.... I would highly recommend reading this book. I had to wait a good 2 weeks after finishing this Champion to write this review. It is so hard to choose the correct words for this book review so just read it, trust me . One last thing. Whatever you do don't look up the ending. This is one book that I thought I had figured out, but like I said Marie Lu doesn't disappoint.

Kid, 11 years old May 9, 2018

Not quite as good as the first 2

Language: same as the other books. Drinking drugs smoking: day goes to a random place and kisses a random girl and notes how she tastes like vodka. Social drinking. Sex: characters sleep together, kiss, and implied sex once or twice. Violence: some war violence, nothing graphic, not as bad as the first 2.

Teen, 15 years old Written byButterflies110 January 30, 2017

Teen, 14 years old Written byHugo E-W September 15, 2018

Marie Lu's "Champion" : Review

Personally, I've found the Legend Trilogy most enjoyable to read. Champion was certainly different in it's story however this difference didn't make it any worse to it's prior books. I found the books thrilling and would definitely recommend it to other readers who enjoy a good mix of Romance, Action and Sci-Fi

Teen, 15 years old Written byBrigidArmbrust July 14, 2018
Teen, 13 years old Written byRanger14 March 19, 2018

Pretty Good, Watch out for Inappropriate Content

So I think it's so amazing!!!!!!!! I cried a lot at the end, and I absolutely loved it! Just watch out for some of the content--two boys kiss, there's quite a bit of swearing, and Day and June sleep together (although they don't really undress). Day also kisses a random girl who tastes like vodka, and he takes perscription cigarettes. Otherwise, SUPER GOOD!!
Teen, 14 years old Written byNavira February 15, 2018