Kid reviews for Children of Blood and Bone: Legacy of Orisha, Book 1

Young women aim to save magic in exciting African fantasy.

Teen, 14 years old Written byVV1248 April 22, 2018

Easily one of the best reads yet

For once, I am speechless. An amazing book, sure to break your heart and stitch it together again, only to rip it to pieces. A great read for pre-teens and teens, and an AMAZING book! (Did i mention that?) The author threads in black history within the pages, analogizing police brutality and innocent black families. Brace yourself, this is not going to be a straight road.

Teen, 14 years old Written byBlueSparkles7 July 5, 2018

I loved this Book

I thought this book was very interesting. It has great suspense. I couldn't stop reading this book. I finished it in one day it was so good.
Teen, 13 years old Written byalia77733 July 12, 2018

An amazing book!

This book is amazing. It is told throughout 3 different perspectives. I was close to tears at some points and at other points I was happy. It has some discriptive violence and some mild love scenes. I recommend this book as the characters have a lot of power and are strong characters. I can't wait till the next book comes out!

Teen, 16 years old Written byrapturer December 22, 2018

Harmless- despite being a bad book.

I think... there was a fade out sex scene and a few kisses. The main character's brother might of called her a whore or something but nothing you shouldn't let your 12 year old read. Otherwise it was just a bad book, the plot is quite literally a cheap rip off of Avatar the Last Air-bender (Something the author even proclaimed as an advertising scheme.), the writing is horrivly, horribly dull and mediocre- she talks down to her audience like they are mindless and cannot infer that a smile connotes someone is happy, finally her characters are dull, cliche, and undeveloped. I so wanted to like it because how good the concept was but her execution was embarrassing. So much wasted potential.
Teen, 13 years old Written byPhelanPotterAgreste January 14, 2019

Absolutely AMAZING book!!

I loved the book and read it in four days. Some REALLY sensitive parents might not want their 12-14 year-olds reading it but otherwise I think it is a fine book for my age.

Teen, 13 years old Written byBasicExtra November 5, 2018

I absolutely adore this book!

I really enjoyed this book. My class had us read it for book clubs but even before then I had my eye on it. Although it left me angry and with few choice words for the author I would recommend this book to anyone who likes a perfect blend of action, romance, and betrayal.
Teen, 13 years old Written byShyNightshade September 20, 2018

Decent, but too confusing

The characters are incredible, but unfortunately the plot isn't. The book gets too long and complicated, switching sides, roles, points of view etc.

Kid, 12 years old September 17, 2018

could not stop reading it-an amazing book

This is an amazing book . It was hard for me to do anything but read it while I was in the middle of the book. So great and I totally recommend it.