Parent reviews for Cinder: The Lunar Chronicles, Book 1

Cinderella as a futuristic cyborg. Pretty cool.

Parent of a 11-year-old Written byPBSFanFromChile February 3, 2017

Very interesting for a movie or a TV series. For kiddies, the content should be modified. Even the Japanese wants to do an anime series & movie!!!

Very recommended. Good for tweens who wants to wears a dress sometimes.

Adult Written byYaz93 July 15, 2016

Teacher's Recommendation

I don't understand why this book has been given such a low educational score. I used this book as a book study for my year 5/6 class. We compared it with other variations of Cinderella and I linked the book with our science unit on Electricity. This is a great book, any teacher will find loads of educational activities. The children loved the book.

Adult Written byAmslovesgod February 13, 2016

Twist on classic

Really good futuristic twist on a classic story. Characters are very funny and teens will enjoy the adventure.There is two death from a sickness with some description.

Parent Written byMadeline S. May 29, 2017

No book is perf. That's why 4 stars

Read this book it's so good I read on cruise

Parent Written bySlgada August 2, 2016

Have to read!!!!

This book was very interesting because the author made the Cinderella fairytale into something more modern. I really enjoyed this book and continued reading the series. This book made it to my top five favorite books!
Adult Written byjoslynmartinez November 30, 2015

book review

Cinder is a good book to read.this is a good book to read because its like Cinderella but with a little twist in the story.This book cinder is different from Cinderella because in this book cinder is a robot.This book is about a girl named cinder who is a mechanic.She fixes androids.one day prince kai came to cinder so she can fix his android.cinder was starting to fall in love with prince kai and he started to fall in love with her as they kept meeting.Prince kai knew she was a robot but he still loved her.

This book taught me to not judge someone by there cover cause cinder was a dirty mechanic that was a robot but prince kai still fell in love with her.My opinion on this book is that in the beginning of the book its kind of boring cause there is really no action but once you keep reading the book will be interesting.

I would recommenced this book to others because it is a good book and its kind of like Cinderella.Kids like Cinderella so they will like this book cause it has a little more action then the original Cinderella.

Parent Written byHubfam4 April 4, 2015

Exciting adventure!

I love the cultural diversity between characters throughout the entire series and the strong and independent female roles! Excellent world building, interesting characters, and adventurous story line. Must read!

Adult Written byApple W. January 17, 2021

Wonderful

This book was beautiful! I loved it and it appropriate for kids.

Adult Written byQueenLibrarian August 26, 2019

Finally an adaptation that has a bit of Cinderella Camoflage

This book is fantastically crafted, the details are what make you have the aha! Cinderella moments, but the author has totally made the story her own. You don't feel like you are reading Cinderella, thought there are the familiar parts of the story that make you feel like 'you understood that reference' because you know the old story.

Parent Written byHeather M. July 9, 2019

Love this series

Awesome characters, great story. Lots of female main characters.

Adult Written byamt7577 December 16, 2018
Very Exciting novel! New spin on the classic Cinderella tale! I found it to be an excellent combination of SciFi and Fantasy. The story is set in the future where Cinderella is a Cyborg. She is a strong female character and an excellent role model for teen girls.

Parent Written byJen B. August 6, 2018