Kid reviews for Cirque Du Freak: The Saga of Darren Shan Series

Cirque Du Freak: The Saga of Darren Shan Series Poster Image

Great series.

Read the first book in school when I was in year 7. As soon as I got home, I went on Amazon and instantly ordered the rest. A great series for young readers that want a (small bit) gory book.

Made me like reading

To be honest, I never enjoyed reading that much when I was younger, but I remember reading this series and enjoying it so much. I finished the whole series so quickly and I just remembered loving it and wanting to keep reading. I am gonna start reading it again just because it was the only book let alone series I truly enjoyed spending my time on. Please read it if you love fiction and supernatural things this.is.the.series.for.you.

Awesome book very gripping

This series is my new favourite but it has one problem it is not too violent but has very depressing and sad deaths

My favorite book series!

This book series is about vampires and is absolutely amazing! There is some violence and gore, but nothing pre-teens can’t handle. I’m on the 8th book, and am absolutely intrigued by the writing style. Things really get suspenseful and interesting! You should definitely read it!

I loved the books more than anything

I loved the book More than any other book I have ever read, my cousin knew I have read very few books and he recommended I read the Cirque Du Freak at the Benjamin Rush Middle School, at first i was a little against it because I hate to read I am good at it but I strongly dislike reading. When I read the first 3 chapters I was thinking eh but I kept reading next thing I new I was addicted I got mad when someones cellphone went off while reading book 2 in SRT and I finished 2 books a day then I was at the library getting the next 2 until I bought the series. The only thing I Didn't like Spoilers if you haven't read stop reading this now. Was how Darren dies in the end and we are kind of left on a cliff hanger I only read Darren Shan's Books now and its all I ever will in fact i'm going to get every book he makes. But I would love It if he makes a sequel in the future in the perspective one of the children of the witch Evanna and the nephews of Darren and Steve. I hope you read this Darren. You are my HERO.

The best book series ever!

Honestly, this series is so amazing and the books just keep getting better! Even though I am at a much higher reading level, I still enjoy these books! May be a little bit of violence, but nothing tweens can't handle. I really recommend this series.

Best Series Ever

This book is awesome and it's not scary at all.I don't understand why people find it scary and want to close the book and scream.Why?There's just nothing scary and this book is amazing.I love everything about this book and there aren't too many words that are too difficult.The vampires in this book are realistic unlike some vampires in books that will turn into a bat or something like that.I recommend kids aged 13+ to read it.And btw befire reading this book I actually hate reading books.I think they're really boring and just-I don't get why people love reading.I rmb my aunt gave me this book and said that this book is really interesting.But I didn't believe in her and my mum forced me to read it at some point and well I read the whole book and I was really attached to it and I can't stop reading it.I ended up reading the book 24/7 and it surely is one good book.Now I am currently reading another book that is written by Darren Shan and it's called ZOM-B.I recommend you to check that out if you like this book.Sorry if there's any grammar mistakes,my first language isn't English.Hope you find this review useful and have a nice day.

Very good but quite violent

This series is great for young readers 7-15. There is no sex and the language is fine for young readers but can be sad and violent.

Amazing

I really enjoyed these books because they are really creative and they revolutionize what we think about vampires and how they act in certain scenarios. I recommend it to children who are not timid and like horror because these books are significantly gory as eyes get gouged out and stomachs split open. Also, specially in the first three books, there are loads of swear words which you should be aware about when your child is reading the series. I am nearly eleven and I loved the series so I think that other children my age and above will really like the series.

11-12 AND UP.

I will write a review for each book, in order. This is for the first one, Cirque Du Freak. Darren O'Shaughnessy (or Darren Shan as he's known to most) isn't scared to add a little violence in this book series of vampires. He brilliantly puts himself (well, his non deplume) in this series. He is Darren Shawn, the child who's life is turned around when he goes to a outlawed freak show, without his parent's permission in the middle of the night. If you don't want some spoilers (not major stuff, just a little) of the book than just skip to the bottom where I say all of this more simply. SPOILERS: 60 pages into the book, a woman's hand is bit off and sewn back on in some detail. There is a VERY creepy spider (espesially if you're like me and HATE SPIDERS) named Madam Octa, who does tricks and is eventually (SPOILER, SPOILER, SPOILER, SPOILER, SPOILER!!!!) stolen by Darren Shan. There is a very painful process in which Darren becomes a (SPOILER) (half) vampire. More blood and talk of bones and Darren's neck is snapped. Darren uncontrollably sucks the blood of his friend and almost of his little sister. Very, very violent for a "kids" book. Also, if you picked this up as a book for your ten year old, DON'T! There is also some swearing, including many uses of "hell" and one of "bull" and some insults like "idiot" and "stupid". Some more light swearing, but nothing too serious. violence: 4/5 sexuality: 1/100 profanity: 2 1/2 NOT REALLY (AS IT MAY LOOK ON THE SHELF) THE BEST BOOK FOR CHILDREN!