All parent member reviews for Clementine

Parent of a 7, 10, and 14 year old Written bybeckyhall March 8, 2010

Sweet, funny, and unique!

Clementine is what I imagine Junie B Jones will be like when she hits 3rd grade. Imaginative, creative, and observant, Clementine pays attention to every detail of daily life - much to the dismay of her teachers, who keep telling her to pay attention in class! She's definitely a challenge for parents and teachers, and she doesn't always make the right decisions, but her lessons are great ones! I recommend the entire series. My 7yo daughter loves to read them aloud with me.
Parent of a 3 and 6 year old Written bykawilder March 22, 2010
Clementine is an imaginative little girl who gets herself into situations that teach lessons about responsibility, friendship, and family. The book is well written and engaging. We read this (and the follow ons) with our 5 year old (who's now 6.5) and she loved them...and will now read again on her own. Way better stories and messages than some of the alternatives (i.e. junie b. jones) out there!
Parent of an infant, 1, and 7 year old Written bySmtmsAlwys March 26, 2010

A precocious little girl, much like my own

A very sweet story about a precocious little girl named Clementine. She means well but she just keeps managing to get into trouble.
Parent Written March 8, 2010
Adult Written byEezreviews March 15, 2011
Reminiscent of Beverly Cleary's "Ramona" for today's kid, Clementine is a sweet sassy girl that is realistic and fun.Clementine’s ability to pay attention gets her in trouble all the time. The problem is, what she pays attention to is usually what nobody else is paying attention to (and her teachers want her to listen to them!) Full of the typical antics of a tomboyish, rambunctious young girl, Clementine’s exuberance for life and being a kid is hard to miss. I enjoyed reading this book and felt that Clementine was a totally unique, 100% real character. The things she thinks are typical of what a child goes through at that stage of life. I would recommend this book for 2&3 graders. If kids like Judy Moody and Junie B. Jones, they will probably like Clementine. I would describe this as a cozy book to read, one that gently and humorously approaches the average everyday fears of a young child and shows that it’s okay to have these fears, to be different, and to not always be perfect.
Parent of a 9 year old Written byCubFan November 30, 2008

I laughed, that's for sure!

Clementine is a very well written book. Funny details, all that good stuff. I am nine, and I was probably about 7 when I read this book. 5 stars, 7+!