All parent member reviews for Clockwork Angel: Infernal Devices, Book 1

Parent of a 14 year old Written byCynjit April 16, 2011

Great book for teens into fantasy!

Although it has violence, it has good strong characters and an interesting story line that will keep kids reading. There isn't a lot of sexual talk or bad language.
Parent Written byShadesOfRemorse June 15, 2012

Great read!

I, personally, loved it. My children read this and it is fine in my opinion. Although I am not a huge fan of neither her style of writing nor the genre, it was engaging.
Parent of a 10 and 13 year old Written bydlorenz May 17, 2013

One of my daughter's favourite books

My daughter (age 12) loved this book and has literally flown through the series, completely going bananas over the last book! I love to see a book engage her this much! I read the first and second book and thought they were quite addicting and I could see how she was hooked. Haven't read the last book.... there is a HUGE waiting list for it at our library! :)
Parent of a 12 and 14 year old Written bypatriciap63 April 7, 2011

story will hook you

Great beginning to the series. Fast paced and interesting
Educator and Parent Written byfsurocks February 4, 2016

Favorite Series

This series draws you in and keeps you through the entire trilogy. I love the characters and the gritty fast life pace. But the topics could be more mature for some.
Adult Written byalexh1 January 18, 2016

The start of a promising trilogy

Clockwork Angel was my first completed journey into Cassandra Clare's Shadowhunter world, and after struggling to get halfway through City of Bones I think I finally understand why her books are so well loved. This book was excellent and very well developed. I liked all the characters and plot lines, and was intrigued till the very end. It was a little violent around the middle, but most teenagers should be able to handle it. there are also some scenes that are generally frightening, but again most teens will have read worse for school. Overall it is an amazing book that is highlying engrossing and captivating, and an excellent start to a trilogy.
Adult Written byvictorianmermaid August 6, 2015

Favorite book series EVER!

I love this book! it has lots of violence, which didn't bug me. It does have many topics that might be sensitive in some families. like demons, vampires, werewolves, etc. There is some mild scenes that involve kissing and alluding to sex. but for the mature young adult it is a great way to surround themselves in fictional, Victorian England.
Adult Written bycecilia.p November 19, 2014

Amazing, rivoting, and wonderful... but not for kids!

I am 16 and I adore this book. It's got sword fights, daring adventures and a damsel that isn't always in distress! I would definitely not recommend this book for anyone under 14 because there are drugs, alcohol and pre-marital sex.
Parent Written byMy4sons February 24, 2012

Horrible book! Steer clear

I am absolutely shocked that this book has any positive reviews from parents. This book is extremely violent with gory details. It is full of bad language. It talks about drug use and drinking. The characters talk about visiting a brothel at one point in the book. It is complete garbage and dangerous for children's minds.